Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1098  (Read 1077 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1098
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1098
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:36:37 AM »
Tad and Carrie never wonder about Barnabas and why he looks like the portrait that I think was on display in 1840 as well as 1970.   ***   When asked hard questions, Tad seems to pause to access David's memories.  It's a process that takes a few seconds, so he never has instantaneous answers.   ***   I wasn't sure what spells everyone seems to be casting and why in this episode.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:51:18 AM »
Carolyn is totally flipped out.
Barnabas and Julia are still trying to save the day.
I’m not a fan of this storyline, as I’ve stated before, but I am loving the potential of Quentin and his whole life. I noticed Quentin still has his phonograph in his room. Here is a tortured soul, whose portrait keeps his curse in tact, if you will. What kind of things did Quentin experience in all his years? WWI, WWII, the invention of the light bulb, electricity, motion pictures, Korea, rock and roll, Elvis, the Beatles...
I'm not all that surprised that he could care less about two adolescents spooked out by "ghosts". Who cares?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »
Tad and Carrie never wonder about Barnabas and why he looks like the portrait that I think was on display in 1840 as well as 1970.
I don't think Tad and Carrie worry much about wondering.  Whenever some question pops into their mind, the answer is always, "Miss Daphne will know."

I love it when Barnabas asks Tad what David's mother's name was.  Logic!  It's strange, though, that Barnabas didn't use some sort of occult ceremony to determine who was the current occupant of David's body.  That would have been the more traditional Dark Shadows way of doing things.

OK, so now we know why Tad's and Carrie's spirits had to be nursed along until they were ready to seize control of the bodies of David and Hallie: because they are to bring Gerard and Daphne to life.  What will happen to Tad and Carrie after that is accomplished?  Will Gerard abandon them, and let David and Hallie re-enter their own bodies?  When Tad and Carrie were talking about what had happened to David and Hallie, I was thinking of [spoiler]Charity Trask.[/spoiler]Are David and Hallie with the aforespoilerized character, in the dwelling place of evicted consciousnesses?  I sure hope not.  By the time we saw the last of the aforespoilerized character, I was pretty fed up with  said person.  But anyway, back to Gerard and Daphne: why do they want to be alive?  What will that accomplish for them?  Hmm...maybe as ghosts they're tied to the Collinsport area, and they want to go to Bangor.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
9/9/70

These episodes are really creepy.  In my humble opinion DS stepped up their game for this storyline as far as effects and such. The story is a bit weak though as it's a rehash. However, there are a lot of new elements thrown into the mix.
I love the direction. It seems as if they were playing with Carolyn eventually becoming as psychic. And if Sam Hall's TV Guide essay has merit then they were going that way.  I think it would have been a lot of fun.

David S is really doing a wonderful job in the scene in his room with Julia and Barnabas. I love to see these three together as they have a great chemistry. 

This ceremony is quite different from the ones usually performed on the show. 

Blooper: Kathleen Cody calls Tad David but imagine how confusing all this was. They all did a great job of pulling it off.
I like the credits background on the pentagram.

I personally didn't like how Dennis painted Grayson today—it was too severe.

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/