Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1097  (Read 1225 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1097
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »
Robservations #1097

FAREWELL, DAVID COLLINS!

David Henesy makes his final (and brief) appearance as David Collins in this ep...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1097
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »

The voiceover said Barnabas and Julia are the only ones who know that disaster is coming.  And I thought to myself: "That doesn't sound right."  How do they know that their 1995 experiences were real and not a dream?  And doesn't Quentin know, as much as they do, that they're headed for disaster?  He may not be 100% sure - but are they?

Tad and Carrie kept saying, "Miss Daphne promised."  Is that why they have to be a part of Gerard's plan?  Did Daphne promise them as they lay dying that they would live again, and are Gerard and Daphne supernaturally bound by that promise?

Why does everybody say lilacs in that affected way?  "Lilahcs" instead of "lilacks".  I've never heard anybody pronounce it that way.  I can understand Elizabeth and Barnabas pronouncing it that way (though I can't remember if I've ever heard Elizabeth saying it at all).  But the rest of them?  Even David Selby from West Virginia?  There must have been a directive from on high.  In episode 657, after Vicky made her final disappearance into the past (that's pahst to rhyme with lilahcs), her favorite perfume came back to haunt her room briefly, and it was lilac perfume.  (Not jasmine, despite Vicky's adoration of Josette.)  Mrs. Johnson was the one who identified the scent, and I don't remember being annoyed at how she said it, so I guess nobody was endeavoring to sound high-falutin back then.

Barnabas, in the hall, hears the whole Waltons-style goodnight business between Tad, Carrie, and Leticia, and goes back into David's bedroom to announce: "You are both possessed!"  And Carolyn isn't possessed?

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »
Why does everybody say lilacs in that affected way?  "Lilahcs" instead of "lilacks".  I've never heard anybody pronounce it that way.  I can understand Elizabeth and Barnabas pronouncing it that way (though I can't remember if I've ever heard Elizabeth saying it at all).  But the rest of them?  Even David Selby from West Virginia?  There must have been a directive from on high.  In episode 657, after Vicky made her final disappearance into the past (that's pahst to rhyme with lilahcs), her favorite perfume came back to haunt her room briefly, and it was lilac perfume.  (Not jasmine, despite Vicky's adoration of Josette.)  Mrs. Johnson was the one who identified the scent, and I don't remember being annoyed at how she said it, so I guess nobody was endeavoring to sound high-falutin back then.

I was wondering the same thing myself when I heard Miss Hoffman pronounce lilacs like Thurston Howell III.

Barnabas ... goes back into David's bedroom to announce: "You are both possessed!"  And Carolyn isn't possessed?

I think Barnabas is possessed. I am thoroughly confused as to what year in the future they went back to, he fumbles it so much. 1995, 1998… WTF?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
9/8/70

FARWELL DAVID it's been a hell of a ride!

Tag from yesterday cuts into today's actors—very far from seamless.  The effects work very well though.
Can someone tell me why one minute Rose Cottage is clean and another it is all cob webby? I am thinking it's because of using yesterdays tag.

I am actually loving this storyline much better this time around! :)
I think Tad and Carrie were a couple or either had crushes on one another.  It's really cool to see DH getting to play a bit of romance.  I am thinking Rose Cottage is also somehow magically cloaked, I mean how could they NOT find it if it's on the estate?

I love Julia's earrings.

It's quite interesting how all of this plays out.  Carolyn is possessed by Leticia, the children are possessed by Carrie an Tad.

“No but we found it in 1999!”  LOL Now JF has moved 1995 two years up.

“I am asking a question and only want an answer!” Julia says forcefully cocking her eyebrow! Great GH moment!

“It’s down stairs in the house proper!”  Barnabas is so old school but it fits him well! David Selby's big ole hands...Rawrr!Right Quentin, have a drink. That always solves life's problems.

Berth Roth is now doing the makeup.  I like his style a lot.

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
The voiceover said Barnabas and Julia are the only ones who know that disaster is coming.  And I thought to myself: "That doesn't sound right."  How do they know that their 1995 experiences were real and not a dream?

So much weird stuff has happened at Collinwood over the years, I think it would have been foolish of Barnabas and Julia not to at least keep their eyes open. And don't forget many of the clues they were told in 1995 did in fact actually happen in present time, thus proving their experience in 1995 was not their imagination.