Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1093  (Read 1264 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1093
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1093
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 06:13:49 AM »
Julia suddenly joins the cult of orange clothing.   ***   [spoiler]Carolyn/Leticia with Gerard-- you slut!   Leticia and Pansy's song are the most blatant example in 1995/1970/1840 of their "greatest hits" policy, throwing in everything that worked in past storylines.[/spoiler]

[female_skull] [candle_in_skull_2] [skelleton_runs]

(edited by admin)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:30 AM »
Magnus, I'm thinking you may be an episode ahead.

I am amused that Sebastian is so taken with Maggie, because I remember when he was contemptuous of Barnabas's feelings for Maggie,  I like the Sebastian/Maggie pairing, however.  It's probably because she was laughing a lot when she came in from her date with him.  There isn't much real laughter at Collinwood.

If Carolyn can be brought into Rose Cottage, can Elizabeth and Roger as well?  Is that where they had gone in 1995?  Of course Carolyn wasn't in Rose Cottage, so I guess its destruction happened before Carolyn took up permanent residence there.  I'm imagining the little dolls running around waving their arms and shrieking ridiculously as Rose Cottage comes crashing around them.  It's very disrespectful of me, I know.  I wonder if Barnabas and Julia ever inadvertently stepped on their poor little corpses in 1995.

Carolyn talked about the attacks of a year ago.  Actually it was more than a year ago, but with all that happens at Collinwood it's no wonder she can't keep the timing straight.  What bothered me was that she said nothing about when Maggie was attacked in 1967 - not that Maggie remembers it, but Carolyn would.  Oh, well, I suppose the fuss about Maggie's kidnapping was so huge that people forget that it started with Maggie being attacked.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:54:58 PM »
Magnus, I think your commentaries are in the right place now, except your 2nd reply above will be moved once the topic for #1094 is created.

It left #1091 unreviewed by you, btw.  The one you posted there was moved to #1092, and that one was moved here.

The link to the Robservations in each WP topic is invaluable at helping posters stay on track.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »
Well, I didn't feel at all confused and didn't feel a need to check, since I was sure I was in the right threads.  It's a sort of wonder that I haven't done this for a long long time.   I know I posted that 1091 commentary, I just don't know where now...  This has thrown me and I'm not sure how to get back on track.   If a brief glance at the recap will do it, great, but I must not and will not read entire articles online because of my eye problem.   I'll figure it out.   Thanks for straightening it out, midnite.  I divided one ep into two?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »
I think I've figured it out.   I must have had nothing to say about 1091, and failed to make a note of it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »
Sorry, I didn't explain well.  You posted in the #1091 topic but the comments were about the goings-on in #1092, so I moved it there.  The post originally in the #1092 topic was about #1093, so I moved it to this topic.  The post above that you submitted yesterday is actually about today's episode, so it's inside spoiler tags at the moment and will be merged with #1094 when there's a topic to move it to.

Sometimes just a screen capture or a quote in the Robservations, if not the posts above yours, are enough to tell you if your comments match the eps.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
Wow, Carolyn's in the linen closet at the same time that David and Hallie are in the playroom, which both occupy the same space!    [spoiler]Unless every time we see the playroom, we're actually in the real Rose Cottage, magically attached to the East Wing, which we may be told later.[/spoiler]

Hey Hallie, my right wrist hurts too.  Have I acquired a DS stigmatum?   ***   David and Hallie for a very small demonic sewing circle.   Why'd Carolyn get lured to the playroom, to be switched with Leticia?

[candle_in_skull_2] [candle_in_skull_2]

(moved from Discuss - Ep #1092 by admin)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
I know for myself the Caps help me to make sure I am on track if I am not able to read it all.

9/2/70

Voice over blooper, “On this night they learn…” CUT! I think David perhaps has his first crush as he seems to like “Hallie” more than a friend.

When Carolyn and David are in the Drawing Room there seems to be a cut after the camera goes close on David H’s face. 

What are these crazy kids up to? 

A year ago there were attacks?  I guess she is referring to Vampalique?

Hmmm…Leticia I wonder who that could be?  I like the name very much!

Things are getting veddy veddy interesting!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/