Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1086  (Read 852 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1086
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1086
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:23:49 AM »
After #1087, I'll be away from the WP awhile, since my VCR just jammed (permanently).  I expect this difficulty to take forever to fix.

Always have things to do when you're drunk, I thought, watching Q standing around the same old digs, self-lubricating.   Drinking is no solace or entertainment if there's no activity or company for it to enhance the enjoyment of.   

H: "I was playing the game too."   I forget why she said it, but confusing...   Then we see our first glimpse of 1840 via a dream.   [spoiler]Carrie and Tad die with old Q still around.... this could never have happened in any version of 1840/1, could it?[/spoiler]

I was surprised that David had never heard of Gerard before this.   I keep thinking of the Gerard auditions as consisting of a series of actors standing there silently and scowling.   JS is certainly great at it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
Huh?  Tad and Carrie wanted David and Hallie to climb the stairway through time.  What's up with that?  I thought David and Hallie were supposed to end up in miniaturized in Rose Cottage.  But Tad and Carrie didn't know that; they wanted to be friends with David and Hallie.  So did Tad and Carrie do something without asking Miss Daphne's permission first?

Why does Elizabeth believe so implicitly in the horoscope?  It doesn't seem like her, and we haven't been given anything that would indicate a change in her basic thinking.

We're starting to see the Quentin of 1995.  He isn't crazy yet, but he's drowning himself in drink to avoid reality - which means he's acting like 1897 Quentin as well.  In the original timeline - the one in which Barnabas and Julia never returned from parallel time - Quentin may have had no idea that Daphne's spell over him was going to contribute to an utter disaster.  In this new timeline, he does.  He thinks there is nothing he can do to escape the spell - but I'm not so sure.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
8/24/70
Quentin has fully been accepted into the family—very cool. 

Love the interesting camera angle's they have imploring recently.  We know that those types of angles will come to define the “Dan Curtis” style in his movies. I wonder if this is a special camera or just one of the three they used. Perhaps with editing coming into play they can stop tape and move the camera or possible pre tape the scenes with the different camera angle?  Nevertheless, it is very stylistic.

“Ha ha ha ha ha” I love the way David S laughs as I find it very cute. Have another Quentin..
“It was only a game!” That excuse has been used how many times now? 
“Elizabeth we did all we could!” [spoiler] I wonder if they were originally going to call Flora Elizabeth?  This is all very confusing to me.  Or perhaps it's a blooper?[/spoiler]

And the kids see Gerard for the first time.  James is really good at the menacing!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/