Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1082  (Read 854 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1082
« on: October 12, 2010, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1082
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »
Today it was David asking the questions while Hallie was possessed - and what a strange conversation that was!  Both Hallie and Carrie remember being down in the drawing room with Julia.  That's clear because Carrie knew what Julia said, and Hallie remembered going out into the foyer, at which point, apparently, Carrie took over completely.  Does Carrie realize where - or, rather, when - she is?  And if Carrie is experiencing things in the present, does that mean that when she saw Gerard and Daphne kissing on the Java Queen, that was in fact their ghosts kissing in the present?  And if David and Hallie were miniaturized in Rose Cottage for the birthday party, does that mean that the kiss took place in miniature on the Java Queen model in that David has?

Gosh, wasn't it good to hear Julia talking sense to Barnabas about Roxanne!  It was weakened by the her admission that he's usually right about people - but the thing is, I think maybe he is.  His dictatorial character doesn't suggest that he would be, but he's made that way in order to advance storylines.  So something inside him is smarter than he deserves to be.

I was thinking, while driving home from work the other day, about Julia's problem with finding Rose Cottage, and couldn't come up with a good way to do it.  I don't blame her for looking in the tax records, but here in the US, property tax records are all about street addresses and lot numbers, not house names.  I daresay the great estate of Collinwood is listed in the Collinsport records as just another street address.  Old newspapers might mention Rose Cottage, but it's a slim chance.  Another slim chance might be to ask the old lady gardeners in town (in their 80s, and still out there weeding - Agatha Christie's Miss Marple just popped into my mind, but of course she'd have a gardener to do her weeding for her) if they remember hearing of an old rose garden anywhere, though Rose Cottage wouldn't necessarily have been named for real roses.  After that, I'm out of ideas.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
David/Hallie have a scary dream about being trapped in the dollhouse in the playroom... then both immediately rush to the playroom.   Oh yes, exactly what I'd do.

[8_1_215] [8_1_215] [8_1_215]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:46:58 AM »
Well, it's been quite a while since I've seen these, so I don't recall the details, but it seems plausible that whatever force is at work, causing them to have the dream, could also be compelling them to go to the playroom.
Josette

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 07:09:52 AM »
They were terrified though, and seemed to be rushing to the playroom out of fear for their safety, because of what they'd just seen in the dream, which was their being trapped there.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor