Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1081  (Read 830 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1081
« on: October 11, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1081
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »
Hallie surprised me today: when David was possessed by Tad, she made a start towards gathering useful information.

I didn't like Tad.  He sounded like an insufferably spoiled rich kid, who will grow up to be very much like Edward.

We've now had a case of one person, Roxanne, being seen first in parallel time and then showing up in our timeband.  I'm waiting for news of Hannah Stokes.  I've a suspicion, however, that she was drowned at birth when an astrologer drew up her horoscope and determined that if she lived she would cause her brother T. Eliot to drop out of college to marry his high school sweetheart, pregnant with twins who might or might not be his.   Or is it that Hannah was a boy in our timeband, and was Hallie's ill-fated father?

I keep being interested in the group ghost effort.  In 1995, the impression we got was that Gerard was bad, bad, incredibly bad, but that the other ghosts meant well on the whole, in their ghostly way, whenever Gerard was not forcing them to do bad things.  Here in 1970, we've seen Gerard only once so far.  Other than that, it's all Daphne, Tad, and Carrie.  The impression we're given is that they're all acting to reach a goal that all of them want.   It may be that Gerard is behind it all, forcing them to do what they're doing - but it seems that they're doing all this of their own free will.  Suddenly I'm remembering eating lunch in Boston Common and being approached, more than once, by Moonies looking for converts.  They too seemed to be acting of their own free will.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »
Carolyn is succumbing to the evil force by wearing orange.   Hallie just said "groovy"-- first time on DS?   That word was over for a year or two at least at this point; I don't think it survived to 1969.  Actually I'm not sure I ever heard any human say it back then who wasn't on TV representing what 30+ people thought was "hip" to teenagers.   Elliot should be chiding her for old-fashioned-ness.

Tad possesses David, then during said possession, immediately forgets he's possessing anybody.  While possessing David, he's never heard of David, or Hallie.  It's odd how all this works.   Tad and Hallie's spirits can't leave the playroom?

"Horoscope  Carolyn Stodrard Hawkes" (sic)  ***   [spoiler]RT Roxanne shows no expression when seeing Barnabas, or is it very subtle?   It certainly isn't light, unconcerned or welcoming, while showing no worry or frustration, and seeming too even and cool to be real.[/spoiler]   Hi there during the closing credits, Queen of Loose Change!

[8_1_203]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 01:52:38 PM »
8/17/40
Wby: Sam Hall
Dby: Henry Kaplan
Defiantly a cut adding yesterday’s tag!  The color seems different today!

When the desk drawer opens I didn’t see a string so good on the effects department!

“PAWELLEL TIME”  Wonder why JF says W for R’s. He says “CAWOLYN!”  It’s interesting.

I love the large painting of the children in the playroom.  I wonder if it’s suppoded to  be Tad and Carrie when they were younger?

“I am getting a little too old for  some of these toys!”  Thank you to the writers for addressing what we all are thinking.“

You know Julia and Profe…Barnabas….” LOL Awesome blooper!!

Okay folks I have typed myself to death getting caught up but that is ten for the night!
Happy New Year!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
Sorry about the fatal typography, but good to see you commenting again, Taeylor!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor