Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1078  (Read 941 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1078
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:35:16 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1078
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »
It's easy for me to forget how interesting this storyline is when I'm not watching it, because so much of it is not about words, and not about reason.  Quentin is still very much himself, and he knows what Barnabas and Julia have told him about 1995, but he is still enslaved by Daphne.  David must know by now that what he is dealing with is serious and dangerous, but he's not telling anybody.  And we can assume that Hallie, scared though she is, is not telling her Uncle Eliot anything.  She is out of the Collinwood and off of the estate - off of the territory of Gerard and Daphne - but she's not saying anything.  Maybe, now that she's away from it all, she thinks it was a dream, or she thinks that her uncle will laugh at her if she tells him about it.  Or maybe she just can't tell.

If, in December of 1968, Barnabas and Julia had found themselves in 1993, and found that David was dead and the rest of the Collins family spread to the four winds, and if they had then come back to 1968, would they have had as hard a time as they are having now?

I like the development of Daphne preparing to knife Quentin.  It tells us that, even having been to the future, we don't know everything about what will happen.  I'm wondering if Daphne's idea is that they'll be two loving ghosts together.  Alternatively, love has nothing to do with it, and she's opposed to Gerard and looking for a ghostly ally.   Or else she just likes killing people.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:26:13 AM »
The Robs captures have finally been added for this ep. (Delayed by upgrading some of my software.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »
My only written remark:  What if they just let Gerard have his way, without the exorcism?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
8/12/70

Was there a dark room there before? I personally don't think so; however we never saw past the side so I suppose it's plausible. 

So Hallie is visiting Uncle Elliot?  Is this a rewrite so Kathy can recover from being hit? 
Nobody goes to the West Wing?  Hmm…I thought that is where Quentin is living! He should have used that as an excuse. It would have worked better.

One has to wonder what happened to those photos that were taken.  It would be neat to see them brought to light.
Grayson looks quite lovely and Julia is such a curious creature. I guess that is why I love her so much
Thankfully in this time they found a good way to incorporate Quentin.  It seemed that during The Leviathans they had a hard time figuring out what to do with him.

I like the makeup better on Kate Jackson today, she looks less zombish.

“Please GOD you've got to answer those!” Quentin  I wonder if Selby added GOD to the line. He seems to say it a lot.
Thomas Jennings is buried by Daphne now.  The Collinsport grave diggers seem to have to be working overtime moving graves around!   LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Nobody goes to the West Wing?  Hmm…I thought that is where Quentin is living! He should have used that as an excuse. It would have worked better.

Thomas Jennings is buried by Daphne now.  The Collinsport grave diggers seem to have to be working overtime moving graves around!   LOL

Regarding Q's lodgings... whoops!

Tom's gravestone gets your attention, doesn't it... great big letters, as if to say, yes, we really buried him here... honest!!   Of course, it's not really Tom in there, just an empty grave I guess, which must make things easier on Musical Graves Night at Eagle Hill (as in "Musical Chairs").   Or maybe it's just the headstones that play musical chairs, leaving the dead to snooze peacefully.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Musical headstones! BWAHAHAAAAAAH!  Too funny! [8_2_59] Yay! I just hit 2200 posts.  Can't wait to be a God! ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
Was there a dark room there before? I personally don't think so; however we never saw past the side so I suppose it's plausible.
I think we saw a darkroom a couple of years ago, after David and Amy took a picture of Barnabas and somebody else that turned out to have an added attraction, but I can't remember if we saw where that darkroom was located.