Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1076  (Read 1205 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1076
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1076
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »
What's going on at Collinwood seems to me to be terrifically scary - scarier than the haunting by Quentin's ghost was.  David and Amy initially acquiesced to that haunting.  But all we've seen of Hallie - Hallie herself - is that she's scared of everything.  Scared when Barnabas and Julia appeared.  Scared of a dress that appeared on her bed.  Scared of her own shadow.  (What a good thing she didn't see the boom shadow off to the side when she and David were talking today!)  She's not acquiescing to anything.  But that doesn't matter: the forces that have come to Collinwood can grab her whenever they want, anywhere they want.  She has no control.  The question of her name started to bring her back today, which was interesting: apparently her name is in deep, reasonably inaccessibly part of her psyche.  But if her name had not come into question, how long would she have been lost?

Meanwhile, we've been given - in fact, it has been shoved down our throats - clear evidence of a strong friendship between Julia and Quentin, but when Julia told him that Daphne's signature scent was that of lilacs, he didn't say, "Oh, by the way, I realized that the scent in the drawing room this morning was of lilacs."  He's a grown-up, and reasonably rational - but Daphne's got him.

Julia wore gloves but no coat when she went into Collinsport today.  I like that.  She's come a long, long way from the Dr. Hoffman that she was three years ago, but some things haven't changed.  Sort of.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
Everyone at Collinwood knows what lilacs smell like.   I don't... ***   Did the original 1840 Gerard timeline lead to Q's 1897?   Wouldn't whatever happened have been recent history to young fin-de-siecle Q?   

Daphne sure looks dead.

Julia really should have gotten Quentin to find drinking buddies at the Blue Whale, so he wouldn't have been so lonely between girlfriends.   Q really was isolated.    That was a pivotal problem point, Q suddenly back at Collinwood in 1969/70.   He gets trapped weirdly and unnaturally in a place he was in as a kid.   The discomfort and weirdness mount, and this gangly alienated uberbachelor is all primed and ready for a sexy ghost to come along... she's right there, don't even need to leave the house....

Julia really should have gotten Q the hell out of that place and into the Blue Whale, no matter what stray plot complications it may have led to.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
Everyone at Collinwood knows what lilacs smell like.   I don't... ***

Lilac bushes are all over New England, so presumably they're all over the Collinwood estate. However, they bloom in late May and into June. So, it's very interesting that Daphne has a fresh bunch of flowers. But apparently ghosts aren't limited to the actual cycle of nature.  [wink2]  (Though they've since developed a lilac bush that blooms in late spring and all summer long, so perhaps Daphne made a quick trip to the future for her blooms.  [lghy])

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
Voiceover promo:

"...David and Hallie take another step to their destiny on Dark Shadows. This afternoon at four, three central time..."

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:53:50 AM »
"...David and Hallie take another step to their destiny on Dark Shadows..."

Way to commit yourselves, ABC!  Don't we all do that every day?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 06:05:27 AM »
Were those real lilacs?

This past summer, Kathy Cody told the story about how she injured her wrist (bandaged in this episode), recalling that it was caught in the doors of the sound booth after recording her only voiceover when someone came in while she was going out.  But I don't think she ever did a v.o., and for sure not so far, so could it be that she was hurt before it was done and David Selby replaced her?  Or maybe he was the reason she was hanging around the sound booth in the first place, lol.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 07:26:18 AM »
Were those real lilacs?
I was wondering that myself.  They looked bluer than any lilacs I've ever seen, but maybe that was just the camera.