Author Topic: To Quentin Fans Everywhere -  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
To Quentin Fans Everywhere -
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:28:08 AM »
HAPPY DECLARATION OF LOVE DAY!!
[love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]        [love8]

1969: Ep #847 - Quentin and Amanda declare that they love each other!!
(Truly THE MOST EXCITING moment in all Quentin fans' lives!!!!)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: To Quentin Fans Everywhere -
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »
Well.  Gosh.  Here the Watching Project is smack in the middle (well actually, nearing the end) of 1995, with Quentin sighing for Daphne, and we get this sordid and unnecessary reminder that Daphne is not the first love of Quentin's life.  I'm shocked.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »
 [puke]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 02:22:47 AM »
Well.  Gosh.  Here the Watching Project is smack in the middle (well actually, nearing the end) of 1995, with Quentin sighing for Daphne, and we get this sordid and unnecessary reminder that Daphne is not the first love of Quentin's life.  I'm shocked.

For shame! It's never sordid and certainly never unnecessary to remind everyone who Quentin's one true love was and always will be!! If even one other person was harboring those same sort of crazy thoughts, then thank heavens this glorious anniversary has come up when it has!

As for Daphne, well, Amanda was gone, which meant Quentin could no longer have her and the only reason Quentin would ever turn to any other woman was that, well, Quentin isn't the kind man who can remain alone in, um, every sense of that word for too long. But Amanda was and always would be forever #1 in his heart, if not in his pants. And besides, Daphne's one and only true love[spoiler]was 1840 Quentin, not his doppelganger descendant.  [nodno][/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 04:13:44 AM »
Hmmm.  I've always thought Mr Quentin Collins' one true love was none other than ... Mr Quentin Collins.

In other news... where's the kazoo button on this thing?

The positioning of their heads in this kiss seems to have been done with an eye to avoiding duelling hairdo kabuki.

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »
I need a drink.  [disgust]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »
Yes - let's definitely toast to Quentin and Amanda's eternal true love!!

[beer]      [toast]      [beer]      [toast]      [beer]      [toast]      [beer]      [toast]      [beer]      [toast]

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
I need a drink.  [disgust]
Me too!

Q man forever!!! Hopefully, his portrait is in a vault somewhere safe.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 05:56:42 PM »
LOL! Amanda? As a Quentin and Beth fancier, I think maybe I should just back out of this thread quietly? *tip toes away*
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
I much prefer Quentin with Beth, too. But we can't ignore canon. Just like fans of Barnabas and any woman but Angelique can't ignore that as the show stands Ang is Barn's one true love, no matter how much they may want to ignore it (and oh do they want to ignore it [lghy] - but let's leave that for another time and topic [wink2]), Quentin fans can't ignore that as written Amanda is Quentin's one true love.

Of course, you know. IF Quentin had been[spoiler]killed on September 10th like he was supposed to,[/spoiler]he wouldn't have lived to become so entangled with Amanda that they would have declared their love for each other on September 23rd. One more thing to blame on Barnabas and all his time traveling interference.  [b003]  So let this be a lesson: when you put circumstances into motion to change history and save a life, the consequences aren't always pretty...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »
Darling Misterioso,

I'm hardly the authority when it comes to Quentin, but my impression as re canon was that after Amanda's death, Quentin had fixated upon Daphne as his one-and-only.  After the happy ending for the 1840s Quentin and Daphne, my impression from Sam Hall's notes was that Tracy, the new Kate Jackson character, had the potential to be written as a new love interest for Quentin--either as Daphne's reincarnation or in her own right.

But then, monogamy isn't really my bag either, so what do I know?

love and tapioca pudding,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »
Are you trying to say that Quentin could possibly ever forget Amanda and put her completely behind him? No! No, no, no!! That would be like saying that if Barnabas and Angelique would have somehow gotten together again after his declaration that she was always his one true love (which we know damn well they would have) they would have never lasted as a couple because they would have surely killed each other - again. No! No, no, no!! Such beliefs are tantamount to blasphemy!! Blasphemy, I say!!!!

The only way Quentin's belief that Daphne had become his true love makes sense, and sense within canon, is if he'd been fooling himself because the pain of Amanda's absence had just become too much for him to bare and he could endure it no longer. Or if he had been listening to Stephen Stills' 1970 song Love The One You're With too much:

"And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with
You gotta love the one you're with
You gotta love the one you're with

Oh yea oh yea, yea"

and taken it to heart - or some other region of his person.  [b003]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »
Oh yea oh yea, yea
Well, QED.  I had my doubts through most of your post, MB, but the "oh yea"s just drove all my doubts away.

But we can't ignore canon. Just like fans of Barnabas and any woman but Angelique can't ignore that as the show stands Ang is Barn's one true love, no matter how much they may want to ignore it
As suggested in your later post:
his declaration that she was always his one true love
it's not canon that Angelique is Barnabas's one true love.  All that's canon is that Barnabas said at a particular point in time that she was his one true love.  I'm not saying whether she was or wasn't.  I'm just saying, canon with care.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »
Quoting the "Oh yea oh yea, yea" lyric from Love The One You're With is what did it for you? What about the "For shame!", the "glorious anniversary", the "forever #1 in his heart, if not in his pants", and especially the ""No! No, no, no!! Such beliefs are tantamount to blasphemy!! Blasphemy, I say!!!!"?! I was just saying to Midnite only about 30 minutes ago that I'm surprised that anyone is taking almost anything about this topic seriously or that they've forgotten that when I start writing things like what I've just quoted - things that are just so grandiosely over the top - that my tongue is firmly in cheek.  :-\  [nodassent]

There was a time when members knew instantly when I was putting them on just for the sake of a joke. But I guess I've been slipping. Or perhaps it's because I haven't done it in so long on these discussion boards (the CT! and CTP/FITBs boards are a different matter) or created anything like the alternate Sex and Macrame forum site. I'll have to remedy that...  [vryevl]

Offline emeraldeyesonly

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
Well, I'm a new kid on the block around here, but I knew you had to be kidding. Or hoped you were. Amanda? [ghost_huh]

As far as Barnabas goes, I think it was established canon that whoever was pulling at his heartstrings at that particular point in time, was his one true love...for that particular storyline. A fact that made me want to shoot him from a cannon on may occasions.  [ghost_angry]

I think Quentin suffered from the same disease. Shallow much? Fickle much? Oh, hell. I love them both anyway.  [ghost_grin]