Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1065  (Read 973 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1065
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1065
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »
Carolyn's painted-on eyebrows don't match.  Come to think of it, they look as if she just used a brown magic marker or something...

Second mention of Tad, the first being by David in 1968.

I want Elliot's grapes.   I was out of food here when I watched this.  Hey, Carolyn wants the grapes too.  Grape hog.   Nice crazy grape eating.   She should have peeled one or two.

DS had the best old age makeup I've ever seen.   Hello, RT Medeival Frisbee Guy, hiding behind the cobwebs.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 10:30:24 PM »
The opening voiceover, which talked about Barnabas and Julia escaping from parallel time, surprised me, because I didn't think it was quite that way.  They escaped from a fire, but parallel time itself was not unfriendly to them by the time they left.  Further on in this episode, I started thinking about what Barnabas and Julia are trying to do: gather information and then go back to 1970 and prevent the catastrophe from happening.  They haven't the least idea of how the parallel time room works, and they didn't know until they came to 1995 that it was possible to travel through time in that room. I'm thinking that maybe the heat of the fire caused the time slippage in the room, but who knows?   How do Barnabas and Julia know that they won't end up in 2070, or 2095, or heaven knows what date in heaven knows what time band?

Nancy Barrett has been impressive all week, but she was particularly impressive today.  She was perfect as she sat in the rocking chair in the playroom holding that pillow, because holding the pillow didn't make any sense.  And then, golly, the grapes she ate!  I looked.  She really was putting them in her mouth.  She had to be eating them for real.  And looking at them, I couldn't be sure that they weren't sour.

The conversation at Stokes's house brought home to me that this is a twenty-five-year-old mystery - and not just something that was shut away out of sight, the way Barnabas was chained in his coffin in 1795 and Quentin died and was, apparently, walled up in his room in 1897.  Professor Stokes has had this at the forefront of his mind every day for 25 years.  He's the one that the institution has written to about Quentin.  Why Stokes?  He's not a Collins.  Why not the Collins family lawyers, Richard and Frank Garner?  Maybe it's because Quentin's too distant a cousin in the eyes of the Garners, or maybe Liz's relationship with the Garners never recovered from the low point it hit during her buried alive obsession.  But anyway, this mystery wasn't put in a Tupperware container and stashed away someplace.  It's alive!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »
Lydia-- [spoiler]I think that after the mayhem at Collinwood in 1970, the zombies decided to go to town and kill all the lawyers.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
LOL!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:27 PM »
Why oh why does the DS Program Guide list "Ghost of David"?

Somebody's attic has a portrait of a wrinkled Carolyn because she's looking 25 years younger here.

Revelations:  The playroom, Tad, Carrie, crazy youthful Quentin, Stokes was away but tells who was found where and who was nowhere to be found, Carolyn can't remember, Quentin feels guilty, 2nd worst birthday party ever.  Six familiar faces (not counting Abner or The Picture of Quentin Collins).  Me dizzy.  Forums pretty.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:14:03 AM »
POOR MIDNITE!  FORUMS PRETTY!! Is that like FIRE PRETTY?

7/24/70

The room is quite beautiful!  Grayson Hall in a miniskirt—can it get any better?? 

NB does such an amazing job playing a very upset Carolyn!

I don't know if DS had a new crew or they were just giving it there all during this time it just seems so different.  The acting, effects, direction is just spot on.

The hall to the Playroom is totally different than in the opening sequence. 

Carolyn consumes 13 grapes in on of my favorite moments from Crazy Carolyn.  Carolyn eyebrows are so not right but I think that they were going for someone who couldn't put on their makeup well since she doesn't have the best mind.
I just saw that actual panting of Quentin.  One of the people at Seaview now owns it. They had it in the attic as a surprise during our tour.  It was so cool.

“Oh yes I accept anything and everything!”  LOL David is great and Quentin is the sexiest crazy person ever! I love his wild and crazy long hair. I also love the clock outside the playroom!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/