Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1060  (Read 1356 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1060
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:58:28 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1060
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 06:37:17 AM »
The third of three obligatory villains in any storyline is about to go.   By his own hand?   There's no reason to think he couldn't get out, despite his claim that by merely setting fire to the house at the entrance, he's trapped everyone inside.   And "everyone" means almost nothing in a nearly deserted house.   A cunning plan, Tim.   So the last surviving villain may just get away with it, but who cares, since Barnabas has deemed it time to blow this popsicle stand in the space time continuum.

If I ever want to get someone under my total physical control, I'll have to remember Tim's "grab the elbow" trick.  ***  Thayer actually makes the tired good/evil showdown scene work.   And note to people making TV now... it was already old and tired in 1970!   ***   I expect Tim's person to be highly flammable.   When the flames hit his bloodstream, the resulting fireball should take out most of the mansion right then and there.

Why didn't Roxanne's dream about the PT room include Julia standing next to Barnabas?   Roxanne take my hand, and walk through this dangerous wall of flames so I won't be lonely!!!!  Barnabas screams, or he may as well have.

[spoiler]1995!![/spoiler]   This was great in 2002 when I got my tapes; I had no memory of their having gone to the future.   No storyline overlap apparently...  
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
If I ever want to get someone under my total physical control, I'll have to remember Tim's "grab the elbow" trick.

The elbow grab is classic - like the Vulcan neck pinch of Star Trek.  [ghost_wink]  THough it may only work in PT.  [ghost_grin]

I expect Tim's person to be highly flammable.   When the flames hit his bloodstream, the resulting fireball should take out most of the mansion right then and there.

Indeed!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:05 PM »
That's it for parallel time.  Did Barnabas and Julia ever explain to Quentin and Maggie that they had come from the other time band?

I suppose Quentin and Maggie will live happily ever after now that Angelique is not around to trouble them in either body or spirit.  I think Quentin's still going to be pretty difficult, but Maggie's stupid enough to put up with it, and anyway, we know they won't have any real problems as long as Barnabas isn't around to save them.

We didn't see Julia inquire as to the exact state of the current (that is, pre-arson) state of the relationship between Barnabas and Roxanne, but she has to have had her suspicions, especially given Roxanne's perennial scarf.  I daresay Barnabas would have told her that the fact that Roxanne was wearing a scarf even before she knew there was a possibility of being bitten was an indication that she was made for him.  Was Barnabas planning to turn Roxanne into a vampire?  Or did he still hold out hope that Julia could - and would - re-cure him?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:25:49 AM »
The elbow grab is classic - like the Vulcan neck pinch of Star Trek.  [ghost_wink]  THough it may only work in PT.  [ghost_grin]

Aw.  I'm disappointed.   I was planning a whole crime spree based on that manoeuver!    I swear I've seen it in the odd RT TV show though...

I think Quentin's still going to be pretty difficult, but Maggie's stupid enough to put up with it...

A match made in heaven...

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:25 PM »

7/17/70

For someone who has slept a lot Roxanne sure keeps sleeping more?  As with this I am sure that editing or pretaping has definitely come into play.  Roxanne apparently gets premonitions of the future and past!

LOL JF almost fell! HEE

I like Julia's hair so much better grown out this way instead of the “Hoffman” style!

Julia looks to the right either hoping he can't reach Roxanne or looking for a way out, I have to think it may be the former. Sneaky Julia!  ;)

Barnabas coat and cane disappear when the change takes place.  I guess PT wanted a gift?

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
1060Barnabas coat and cane disappear when the change takes place.  I guess PT wanted a gift?

Ooops...!   Welcome back!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »
A voiceover promo that sort of makes sense:

"...Time seems to be running out for Barnabas, but he still refuses Julia's protection. Why? Find out on Dark Shadows tomorrow..."

Though truthfully, given Barn's pigheadedness, this could be true of so many eps!  [hall2_wink]  [hall2_rolleyes]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
I would love to raid your promo cassettes!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
Actually they're on reel-to-reel tapes.  [ghost_grin]  But I'm working from a book in which I wrote them down way back when.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
I don't wanna get too off topic but did you do the diary thing like so many DS fans I have heard about?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Nope. Though sort of. I made a record of the promos (at least the ones that I or one of my friends caught) and each episode's opening voiceover.