Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1050  (Read 1121 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1050
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:20:04 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1050
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:43:26 PM »
[spoiler]VO from the murderer![/spoiler]   Joan Bennett's good, heartbroken even before hearing about Carolyn.   What JB's good at isn't used much in DS "now"... emotional processing, or whatever you care to call it.

Nice total non-reaction from Julia about Carolyn's death.   I guess she wasn't "real" to Julia, being just a PT person.

[spoiler]Someone should grab those flowers in the foyer and hand them to Roger for giving the performance of his life just now... not Louis Edmonds, Roger![/spoiler]

Who's the life force coming from, to revive Roxanne?   Julia's method sacrifices the donor just as much as Evil Tim's does.   Are we supposed to assume it comes back to Roxanne from Ang?   How Julia's method does that without Ang being there, I don't know.   I think Julia's playing the first few seconds of "Silly Love Songs" while conducting the "experiment".   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:36:03 AM »
Poor, poor Elizabeth.  The sadness of her life that Carolyn talked about a while back has been crowned by the murder of her only child.  I don't like to assume that actors bring specific aspects of their own lives into the roles they play because so often that's just romancing on the viewer's part, but it's known that Joan Bennett loved her daughters deeply, and I would be surprised if that didn't come into her performance today.

What JB's good at isn't used much in DS "now"... emotional processing, or whatever you care to call it.
Bennett's good at other stuff too.

Given how Carolyn was so griefstricken when Will died, I think that Elizabeth should have Carolyn buried next to him, or else she should have Will dug up and buried next to Carolyn in the Collins section.  But I guess Elizabeth is pushing out of her mind everything except for the mother-daughter relationship.

The family line that is the principal line of the Collins family in our time has been brought to a dead end in parallel time, because Daniel is Quentin's son, not Roger's.  It's a strange thought.  And meanwhile, Barnabas and Julia are also affected by Carolyn's death, because now they're sort of on their own in parallel time.

Who's the life force coming from, to revive Roxanne?   Julia's method sacrifices the donor just as much as Evil Tim's does.   Are we supposed to assume it comes back to Roxanne from Ang?   How Julia's method does that without Ang being there, I don't know.
Magnets.  Very powerful magnets.

I didn't notice until the closing credits that there were a couple of candles burning in the Loomis House basement.  They're completely unnecessary, since Loomis House has electricity, but I suppose they make Barnabas and Julia feel at home.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »
7/3/70

Written By: Sam Hall
Directed By: Henry Kaplan

I don't know what it is about the last days at Collinwood but I enjoy them.  They have a certain mystique to them that I can't put my finger on.  Maybe it's because I haven't seen these episodes as much as the others!?

Well apparently there was a Jenny Collins in this time since we  see her headstone! Hopefully she didn't go crazy and her and Quentin and the twins had a nice life.  Fascinating to think what other PT worlds were like.  If the show had continued I for one would have loved to see other time peroids.

Perhaps this is Claude North wandering about?  

I am really glad that LE and JB got to play more front burner during this storyline. They are such wonderful actors and I hate seeing them reduced to the background.  It's very reminiscent of the early days of the soap! Nice call back to Adam and Eve!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:23:43 AM »
How Julia's method does that without Ang being there, I don't know.
Magnets.  Very powerful magnets.

I see!   Now I want Blair or Stokes to do a science show about all the other things magnets can do.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
Well apparently there was a Jenny Collins in this time since we  see her headstone! Hopefully she didn't go crazy and her and Quentin and the twins had a nice life.  Fascinating to think what other PT worlds were like.  If the show had continued I for one would have loved to see other time peroids.
I don't think we've ever seen the dates on Jenny Collins's parallel time headstone, so she could have lived anytime, and have been married to any Collins, or even been a Collins born and bred.  Maybe she was this Quentin's mother.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »
That is very true Lydia darling. [ghost_smiley]  The possibilities are endless which is why I would loved to have seen other Parallel Times had the show continued.  It would have been a good thing to bury it for a three years or so and then come back to it.  The show is really heating up and the pace is picking up. I can't wait to see what happens next!  [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/