Author Topic: Thank you, everyone  (Read 1407 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you, everyone
« on: August 27, 2002, 10:57:27 PM »
I KNOW I don't deserve it, because I never seem to have the time to add to other people's greetings....:-[

Actually, this has not been one of my better days AT ALL. I was just let go from my temporary position, two weeks before being set to go permanent. Basically, I feel like a 47 year old loser with no life. Sigh....I spied the birthday wishes immediately and it really is a bright spot in my day! It means a lot, thanks.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you, everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 01:17:24 AM »
Hi, Kuanyin I'm sorry that you were let go from your
job, i will pray that God will give you a  another
job but this time permenantly!!!!!!!!!!  
And your'e welcome about the B-day wishes.
         Love Anne  :-* :-* :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 01:39:57 AM »
You're not a loser. Maybe it was fate telling you that job was not where you were supposed to be. Keep good thoughts, keep looking and they right place will find you.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 03:10:39 AM »
I KNOW I don't deserve it, because I never seem to have the time to add to other people's greetings... Actually, this has not been one of my better days AT ALL. I was just let go from my temporary position, two weeks before being set to go permanent. Basically, I feel like a 47 year old loser with no life. Sigh....I spied the birthday wishes immediately and it really is a bright spot in my day! It means a lot, thanks.

Kuanyin -- I know it sucks to be let go. I've been through it a coupla times when the economy's taken a downturn. I hope things will make an about-face for you soon. Without meaning to sound trite, I can honestly say that there have been times when what looks like a terrible situation has turned out to be an opportunity. Having seen the quality of your posts on this board, I'm pretty sure you're not a loser. :)

Best wishes,

[shadow=black,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 04:41:28 AM »
[color=9ACD32]Like Mark said and I said on the phone...this could be the oppurtunity of a lifetime!  And as far as you saying you're a loser...welllll.....[smash] for even thinking that!

Besides....I don't go to lunch with LOSERS!!!!  So there, Minja hath spoken!!! ;)
[/color]
[color=87CEEB][shadow=FF00FF,left,300]Always The Tactful Supportive Minja :o[/shadow][/color]
[color=9ACD32]Made ya smile!!!! ;D[/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 04:42:37 AM »
Kuanyin, I had a favorite uncle who reminded us constantly that "You should enjoy the good times to their fullest because they don't last......but then again, neither do the bad times....this too shall pass."

So, celebrate your birthday and take heart that this setback will pass and other, better things, will take it's place.

Happy Birthday,
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2002, 04:45:02 AM »
I can honestly say that there have been times when what looks like a terrible situation has turned out to be an opportunity.

This is true, happened to me before. What a bummer thing to happen on your birthday, Kuanyin. I hope you find another job soon, a better one. I'm lucky I don't have to work or go through any of that, but I know it must be hard. Try to keep positive. Something will come your way.  You have friends here who care about you.  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2002, 05:24:13 AM »
Sometimes when  a heavy door closes, a window of opportunity opens-
Believe in yourself!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2002, 07:54:19 AM »
Wishing you the Best and 47 is So YOUNG!
love your posts you are very witty hang in there!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2002, 08:27:20 AM »
Im real sorry to hear this Kuanyin. But please don't call yourself a loser! I can tell just from reading your posts that you're a kind & intellegent person, so if anyone's a loser, it's definetely the jerks who let you go!!

Actually, with this happening on your birthday, it just might be a "blessing in disguise" sort to speak and Im sure that fate played an important hand in it.  So just keep looking and you'll probably find that in the next job you'll be much happier.
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 11:31:21 AM »
I KNOW I don't deserve it, because I never seem to have the time to add to other people's greetings....:-[

Hogwash!  Who can keep up with all the birthdays on here lately?

Actually, this has not been one of my better days AT ALL. I was just let go from my temporary position, two weeks before being set to go permanent.

Mmm...it's always a shock and upsetting to be let go.  (Even when you hate the place.)  LOL
Chin up -- something better WILL come along.  ;)

Speaking of the place that let you go...

"Hmm...I've been giving it some serious
          thought....and I say SCREW 'EM!!"

love
CLC   ;)

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 04:42:45 PM »
Happy Belated Birthday Kuanyin,

I join the others in wishing you the best in locating a new job.  :)  

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 05:35:48 PM »
Hi Kuanyin,

Hope you had a good birthday in spite of the other stuff.  Geez, I can really relate to the misery of losing a job...I've had quite a manic job history over the past 20 something years.  Early on I made some not too wise decisions (like waiting until later to go to college). But as I look back over the years I mostly see a line of poor management and inability by many to see potential beyond their own personal needs and greeds.  So many times it seems that our best efforts get lost in a sea of egos and money grubbing.  In other words I've worked for a long line of SOB's  :P who probably would have trouble finding their bums with both hands let alone managing a department.  So I say don't accept any of the blame yourself because no doubt you don't deserve it! You do, however, deserve the good wishes!  And - I agree with the others - something better is probably right around the corner!  

Take care, good luck and God bless!  :D

CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Nancy

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2002, 08:34:25 PM »
I saw your note on the board about losing your job on your birthday.  That sucks.  I wanted to say to you as someone who has had similar things  happen to her that please keep in mind that your job does not define you and situations are temporary. They do not define who you are or what you are worth in any way, shape or form.

These are indeed lean times for many people, and I'm sorry you received lousy news on your special day.  Please bear in mind that your job (or lack thereof) does not define you as a person or your merit as a human being. Situations are just that - situations and will happen no matter how great a person or talented individual you are.   You certainly aren't a loser because the situation went bad for you.  While it can create havoc on personal finance, once the shock and hurt wears off I hope you realize what happened is not a reflection on your worth as a person.  

Like the others have said, I think something better is just around the corner.

Dr. Phil Nancy ;)

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2002, 12:29:34 AM »
I really appreciate the responses, I did need some bucking up. I am feeling better about it all today, though some financial security would be nice. I firmly believe that God has a plan for ALL of us and that it is for our best, if we only work with it. Which I try very hard to do. But these big, hairy, nasty feelings still pop up in tough times!

I am feeling stronger today, but still hope for a time when I have a job that supports my family and doesn't COMPLETELY suck! And then, maybe, even a guy (one who isn't a nutcase) looking at me and seeing someone special! I can dream, can't I? ;D
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton