Author Topic: Day 3 at Comic-Con 2010: Jim Lee, Bob's Burgers, Dark Shadows and Bad Penmanship  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Despite seeing dozen and dozens of reports about the other events at Comic-Con yesterday, this is the only report I've come across/been alerted to that mentions the DS panel. And the only thing the writer pulled from the "under-the-radar" event was that Depp and Burton will be making a DS film. Well, so much for KLS, Lara Parker, Jonathan Frid and the reissued comics, which one would presume would have dominated the discussion...

Day 3 at Comic-Con 2010: Jim Lee, Bob's Burgers, Dark Shadows and Bad Penmanship

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yesterday I read a number of tweets from people going into the DS panel and found it very odd that no one tweeted after the conclusion of the panel. Perhaps they were bored to death. Seriously, it sounded like it was going to be an interesting panel and hopefully we will get some reports that it went well.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yesterday I read a number of tweets from people going into the DS panel and found it very odd that no one tweeted after the conclusion of the panel.

That alone may tell us something.  [ghost_wink]

But seriously -  I didn't expect to get any new info concerning the Depp/DS film because, as I said in the film's topic, the same people who doled out what little info there was at the Fest, were the same people appearing at Comic-Con - but the main focus of the panel was the reissued comics, so I thought that there would be at least some mention of them in any reports that would surface.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Oh those sounds of silence. jk Probably not a good sign. But with Frid's video appearance and Kathryn and Laura being there, it should have been an entertaining panel. Some person tweeted and betted that Depp was going to make a surprise appearance. Now that would have caught the media's attention. I still would like to hear from somebody who attended the panel. I wasn't expecting any additional news about the movie although it would have been nice to hear something. Afterall part of the panel was to consist of a discussion on the new movie.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The panel was focused on the Gold Key reissue, and that's supposed to be big news?

Golly.  We live in a strange world.

Perhaps sample pages of the "art" were shown and those attending quickly decided they needed to find another way of spending their valuable time at a very crowded, packed convention with some pretty major high-profile presentations on tap....

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Perhaps sample pages of the "art" were shown

I would think that it would have been. And, yes, that might have driven attendees away in droves.  [ghost_wink]

I was just saying to a DS friend the other day that the only reason I would buy the books is for the extras. Well, IF the extras make them worth buying. In my opinion, anyway, they're not exactly worth buying for the "art" or what supposedly passes for "storylines." As I've mentioned a few times, back in the day I gave up buying the issues soon after actual pictures were no longer used for the covers because they were really the only reasons I was buying the issues...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
They did have some very cool photos on, or sometimes inside, the covers.

In just how many stories was "Inna-gadda-da-vida" used as an evil Satanic incantation??? Oh dear, the poor pastor in the thread above would flee shrieking in horror... could it be ... SATAN?

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
They did have some very cool photos on, or sometimes inside, the covers.

Yes - and some of them have never been published again elsewhere.