Author Topic: Oh Wow - Another One Comes Out Of The Woodwork  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Oh Wow - Another One Comes Out Of The Woodwork
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
UGH!  This about like the tract printed in the 60's for DS and Bewitched.  I wish someone had a copy of the DS one though.  It would be hysterical.  My mother is a Christian and sees nothing wrong with DS thankfully!  Some people are very Trasky!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
As mentioned elsewhere here, there was pamphleteering and harassment from certain "religious" groups against DS back in the 1960s.  It just wasn't given the kind of press it would be given today.  Back then, the media took the line that anyone in those churches was a kook and nobody cared.

Supposedly, Dr Joyce Brothers went on a talk show and claimed that DS promoted "alienation," whatever the hell THAT means.

It was quite a decade...

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
The culture promoted alienation, and still does.  Things like DS provided some relief.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor