Author Topic: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!  (Read 8923 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2010, 01:20:57 AM »
I wish the Trilogy of Terror with Lysette was available!  There was definately music taken from Trilogy and added to 1991 DS.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »
I wish the Trilogy of Terror with Lysette was available!  There was definately music taken from Trilogy and added to 1991 DS.

Intriguing.  Please elaborate!
Do you mean music was taken from the original Trilogy and used in DS 91 or from 91 into Trilogy 2?

Cobert did re-vise and re-record cues he wrote soley for NODS for the 91 series, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did it elsewhere, especially given how fast the scoring was done and how much music an ep of DS devours.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Darren the one that stood out completely was the music when Elizabeth finds the rat under Victoria's pillow with the flute (?) and the tambourine!  This is taken from Bobby in the Dead of Night trilogy, the original one not the Lysette one.  Sorry for any confusion.  It seemed to me a lot of the music from TOT and DON was lifted and re recorded for DS 1991!  I will have to watch them again and try to focus on what was lifted as I have only watched TOT and DON once.  A lot of the oboe stuff sounds like it's from 1991.  I am pretty sure I am right because I obsessively watched the 1991 series over and over and over the summer after it went off. My parents actually made me quite because I was too obsessed they said.  LOL  I guess they were right.  I can't count how many times I have seen the 1991 series! Having recently watched The Norliss Tapes I think I heard a lot of music lifted from that show as well.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
I got mine yesterday, or rather, it was waiting for me when I returned from vacation. It had been sitting there for some time, judging from how much mail was piled on top of it. I didn't get the magnet :( but I loved the music! I've not heard the last half of the second disk yet, though.

I agree with the concensus that seems to be growing on this thread; the cuts are manly reworking familiar pieces, but they are done well and are effective. It's refreshing to have this familiar tie to the original. With all new players, it serves as a reminder that this is DS.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2010, 09:36:51 PM »
For those who might be interested, Cobert released a CD entitled The Night Stalker & Other Classic Thrillers which featured music from many of the productions that are being discussed in this topic.  From the 2001 Fest flyer announcement (yes, it was actually promoted in the Fest flyer - imagine that - but I'm not bitter - no, not at all! [ghost_undecided]):

The new compact disc features composer Robert Cobert's original soundtrack music to 10 classic Dan Curtis productions, including material from the 1991 DS (available for the first time), The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, the motion picture Burnt Offerings and the television films The Night Stalker, Trilogy of Terror, The Night Strangler, Dead Of Night and Curse Of The Black Widow.

Also, here are two Web sites that give more detailed info about the CD, including track info (and a review): SoundtrackNet : The Night Stalker and Other Classic Thrillers Soundtrack and Night Stalker And Other Thrill Night Stalker And Other Classic Thrillers Soundtrack CD

Amazon does have the CD listed - but it's available there from other sellers who are charging more than $15 (one is charging $39.99!) and the Varese Sarabande Web site brings up no results whatsoever (which leads one to believe they've discontinued selling it altogether) - but it does come up on other sites (like Walmart's) for prices around $16. But whether or not they still have copies in stock is anyone's guess...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
Thanks so much for the heads up MB! Great new avatar BTW.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »
Great new avatar BTW.

A telling frame from the video (I was having another '80s flashback last night [ghost_grin]) that also works for me here.  [ghost_wink]

RachelDrummand

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2010, 05:47:09 AM »
I have that other cd, MB. Yup, for the longest time that was all we had for the revival.