Author Topic: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
Got mine today...what a wonderful soundtrack, great music and orchestrations and recording.  Brought back a lot of memories from the 91 series. (Now I'm gonna have to watch it again!)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »
This is one of the best, (if not the best), Dark Shadows music collections, imo.  For anyone who loves Josette's Music Box, this is a must.  I had no idea that it was used so frequently in so many different arrangements.  The new arrangements of the classic tunes and the AMAZING new recordings are breathtaking.  This is Bob Cobert at his finest.  This CD collection is an absolute dream come true.  I would recommend it to ALL DS fans.  Whether you are a fan of the '91 series or not, this collection is a must for any Dark Shadows music lover.  

As an aside, the arrangements of the DS theme used in the pilot are SUPERB.  They should have been kept for the whole run. 

RachelDrummand

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »
This is something that should have been released 15 years ago.
It ran about the same amount of time as DS '91- 14 eps in this case. 11 that aired for sure, and up to 3 that did not. There's a debate about the "unaired" ones.

Where did you hear that, Doctor? This is the first time I've heard anything about unaired episodes! Do you have anymore info...like what they were about? Anything?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
VictoriaWinters1991, did you mean to edit Logan's Run out of the Doctor and K9's quote?

RachelDrummand

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
Yes. When I quote something, the html gets a tad confusing when I see the person's name there. Sorry about that. I only wanted to address the question of the rumor of 3 unaired '91 episodes.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »
Not a problem, but according to his original quote, it seems he was speaking about 3 unaired eps of Logan's Run.

There are no unaired eps of the '91 series.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »
I finally got around to watching DEAD OF NIGHT & TRILOGY OF TERROR! It seems to me that BOB lifted some music from these movies for the '91 DS! I know for sure one sting was.  When Elizabeth finds the rat and the tambourine goes crazy and the flute roars is directly from TOT: Bobby!  I also felt a lot of the oboe sounding music was lifted from those movies.  Does anyone recognize any of the music from these movies showing up in the Revival?  Of course we all know Bob and Dan recycled DS music for many movies  but I didn't realize he had used that sting with the rat in another movie.   I hope to get this when I can.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 12:29:38 AM »
I was perturbed to see that apparently Amazon aren't carrying the 1991 soundtrack CD.  Very peculiar.  It only seems to be avalable through the link that was posted at the beginning of this thread.

The back of the CD says it is sold exclusively at ScreenArchives.com.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 01:19:53 AM »
Not a problem, but according to his original quote, it seems he was speaking about 3 unaired eps of Logan's Run.

There are no unaired eps of the '91 series.

Yes, I was referring to Logan's Run. Allegedly, Turnabout, Night Terrors, and Stargate were not aired.  I had Turnabout on VHS, so I know that aired SOMEWHERE, but it may have been Canada. Someone else told me that one she had seen Turnabout as well, but she lived in Buffalo. Again, maybe a Canadian broadcast. There are often disputes over unaired eps.  Planet of the Apes SUPPOSEDLY did not air The Liberator, but I saw it, AND a friend who kept a diary of the show had an entry for it complete with an accurrate plot summary and cast list. But to emphasize, no episodes of '91 DS were unaired.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 01:46:48 AM »

Oh how I loved that TRILOGY OF TERROR.  I haven't seen it in years but definitely remember it well.

I finally got around to watching DEAD OF NIGHT & TRILOGY OF TERROR!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 05:57:11 AM »
I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the soundtrack all the way through. Wow - it's amazingly like reliving the entire '91 series in slightly more than 2 hours. And I'm really looking forward to listening to the whole thing all the way through again - but not tonight.  [ghost_wink]

By the way, when my order arrived this past Saturday, it contained a 2" x 3.5" magnet promoting the Revival Series CD release.  That's probably only a "while supplies last" kind of thing, but I hope plenty of other fans receive them too, as they make for a cool little piece of memorabilia.

I received one - and it's sitting on my media center right now.

The back of the CD says it is sold exclusively at ScreenArchives.com.

I saw that too - but doing a Google search for the soundtrack brings up other Web sites that are also offering it - and as I said before, for higher prices than screenarchives.com. But perhaps they're actually not selling it directly themselves but getting it from screenarchives.com and then reselling it - hence the more expensive prices...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 07:12:55 AM »
MB, in regards to the other sites selling it, I think that is probably right. 

There must have been some exclusive deal with SAE in regards to this project.  And while I am happy to own this awesome soundtrack which I have wanted for years, I would have liked to have seen it get more distribution.  But, we have it now and it is available to those who know about it, so that is what really matters.  Now we just need to get more people to know about it!   [ghost_smiley]

I, too, received a magnet.  It is on the fridge!  Now I have Dark Shadows in the living room, bedroom, and kitchen! 

RachelDrummand

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
Awesome! I'm glad you received it, Cousin Barnabas! My magnet is on my fridge as well.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
I see mention here of Trilogy of Terror and wonder whether anyone ever saw Trilogy of Terror 2, in the 1990s.  Geraint Wyn Davies was in it, and there was a sequel to the infamous "Zuni Fetish Doll" episode of the original ToT.

I totally missed even the existence of this sequel production, but a friend told me about it recently and I looked it up.  Sounds potentially interesting.

G.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:44 PM »
I saw the Trilogy of Terror sequel way back when. Lysette Anthony is pretty good in the stories; in the "Amelia" sequel, she plays the sister of Karen Black's character, if I remember right...but otherwise, it's exactly the same story, down to the detail; more a remake than a sequel, really.

The most disturbing story is the second one, I believe it is, where the little dead kid....

[spoiler]returns as a demon to avenge himself on his mother (Anthony).[/spoiler]