Author Topic: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!  (Read 8922 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
I saw those promos too on the Blue Whale Pub. :)

Well, it's great to know that the soundtrack is being promoted by someone at least.

Offline BrianPGH

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
And it's very nice to see you posting, BrianPGH.  [ghost_smiley]

Thank you!  Love your screenname.  :)

Yes, this release came completely out of nowhere.  I was shocked when I received the email about it last Monday (I'm on Screen Archives' mailing list).  The subject heading was their standard "New & Notable Releases,' so nothing prepared me to open the email and see BEN CROSS as Barnabas!!  I almost fell out of my chair.  lol.

I can't complain, as it made for a terrific surprise -- I just would've thought that there would have been some info out about it prior to the release.  Or rumblings that it was coming.  Or something.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 06:47:19 PM »
nothing prepared me to open the email and see BEN CROSS as Barnabas!!  I almost fell out of my chair.  lol.

I would imagine. I would have had the exact same reaction.  [ghost_wink]

I can't complain, as it made for a terrific surprise

Indeed!

I just would've thought that there would have been some info out about it prior to the release.  Or rumblings that it was coming.  Or something.

Exactly!

Offline BrianPGH

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »
Mysterious Benefactor... there's also one more promo pic from Screen Archives' website, to add to the ones you posted:

By the way, when my order arrived this past Saturday, it contained a 2" x 3.5" magnet promoting the Revival Series CD release.  That's probably only a "while supplies last" kind of thing, but I hope plenty of other fans receive them too, as they make for a cool little piece of memorabilia.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
Brian,

When was the cd first released? I hope a magnet ends up in mine!

Offline BrianPGH

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »
Last Monday -- July 12th.  

That first day, they were also offering copies autographed by Bob Cobert, to ship in "late July."  But those must have sold out quickly, because the link was gone from their site within a day.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get a magnet.  :)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 12:23:11 AM »
That first day, they were also offering copies autographed by Bob Cobert, to ship in "late July."  But those must have sold out quickly, because the link was gone from their site within a day.

OK - now I'm really pissed that no announcement was made of the release and that offer. Thanks to the generosity of Midnite, I have Cobert's autograph from back when he appeared at a DS event that I didn't attend. But there may have been many fans of the '91 series who might have liked to have gotten an autographed copy of the soundtrack. But if they weren't lucky enough to read the post on the '91 series' board or to be on the screenarchives.com e-mail list themselves, in all probability they had no idea the offer was even being made. In fact, it's quite possible that people who watch for such things may have bought up copies and not before too long we'll be seeing them sold on eBay for a lot more than what screenarchives.com was offering them as...

RachelDrummand

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
I'm pissed too. I would have loved to have an autographed copy! I also hate that the fests seem to be only geared towards the original series. Last year, there was next to NOTHING of the revival. It just really sickens me. Just because it only lasted 12 episodes does not mean it was a failure. There were thousands of fans trying to keep it from getting canceled to no avail. But over and over again, the revival actors are not invited to these fests (even though I've been told different!) I contacted Lysette Anthony and she got back with me saying that she would LOVE to attend another fest...and when is it? That tells me a lot right there.

Yes, I started with the original but the revival is something very special to me. I probably will never attend another fest until the revival starts getting the recognition it deserves. But sadly I doubt that will happen considering the lack of promotion regarding this cd alone. And when the movie finally comes out...the revival will probably end up shoved even further to the back of the line.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 01:59:01 AM »
when the movie finally comes out...the revival will probably end up shoved even further to the back of the line.

Sadly, that's quite possibly true. But the '91 series will always stay alive as long as its loyal fans keep it alive.  [ghost_wink]

RachelDrummand

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 02:05:27 AM »
But the '91 series will always stay alive as long as its loyal fans keep it alive.  [ghost_wink]

That's also very true. *nods*

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 02:10:59 AM »
And, of course, it doesn't hurt that it runs frequently on Chiller.  [ghost_wink]  Which, of course, makes it the only version of DS that is currently running anywhere. Though that doesn't seem to count for an iota in certain circles...  [ghost_sad]

RachelDrummand

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »
And, of course, it doesn't hurt that it runs frequently on Chiller.  [ghost_wink]  Which, of course, makes it the only version of DS that is currently running anywhere. Though that doesn't seem to count an iota in certain circles...  [ghost_sad]

Uh huh...for that I suppose we should also be thankful. Of course I'll always want more (ie. a version of Josette's music box instead of that plastic piece of junk from the original, more t-shirts, etc etc) But more importantly a proper dvd release. I still wish it had been MPI who handled the revival release instead of MGM.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2010, 03:06:50 AM »
Yes, I would stop the Gulf War just for the continuation of a TV show.

I'd have stopped that war for many more reasons, like...maybe we would not have entered an unnecessary war in Iraq...

Not to get too political, some of y'all might want to check out the DVD "The Most Dangerous Man in America," which is about the Vietnam war but is relevant, in many ways, to the Gulf War and the Iraq war.

That said, at least we have DS as a constant in our lives with all the turmoil going on around us.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 03:15:03 AM »
I was at the Fest and if it wasn't for someone showing me the CD I may have never known about its existence. Someone actually had to point to me the table where it could be found. It was odd. It wasn't like the Fest was hiding it but it wasn't promoting it either. On the back of the CD it says the CD was produced by Craig Spaulding and Jim Pierson. So why weren't we provided advance notice especially in light that JP is a co-producer. I was real happy to obtain Mr. Cobert's autograph. He signed both CDs and the insert. What a wonderful person.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 04:43:27 AM »
I know there have been other instances of a product not being announced as available at the fest and fans missed out an opportunity to get it autographed.  I can't remember the specific instances but I know it's happened so it's not a plot against the 1991 Revival Series. [ghost_tongue2]  Honest.

I understand wanting to see more of what you enjoy in this case the 1991 series.  It is untrue that the actors are not invited to the Fests.  They have attended and I know from my own limited involvement at the fests that the actors don't feel there is enough interest in them to motivate them to attend.  It is a reality that there are more fans of the original show than the Revival.  Obviously, you cater to the market.  It's not a plot. [ghost_wink] 

The Revival series is shown on Chiller but I don't see any substantial influx of new fans into the fandom at least in terms of attending the festivals because of the Revival series.  Back when the Revival first aired, it did bring in many new fans which was wonderful.

I'm sorry to see there exists an "Us and Them" in what is already a small fandom and a mentality that there is somehow a plot to play down the Revival series as being an integral part of DS fandom.   [ghost_wub]