Author Topic: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!  (Read 8906 times)

RachelDrummand

Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!
« on: July 21, 2010, 01:58:27 AM »
It's here, it's finally here! The revival fans have a definite need to celebrate considering how long we had to wait for this to get released but here it is...

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/14150/DARK-SHADOWS-THE-REVIVAL-SERIES-2CD/

I bought my copy today and simply can't wait to get it in the mail!

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Official Dark Shadows Resurrected Soundtrack!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:42:15 AM »
Thanks for the notice...I just ordered a copy, too!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »
This is fantastic! I love the music from the '91 series.

Interestingly, I recognize all the pieces the site provides snippets of save the one entitled "Dark Dream". Was that actually ever used on the '91 series? If so, I have completely blocked it out (though, of course, I'm well aware of the original version that was used on the daytime show). If not, then I wonder if the set also includes cues that were composed/reworked for the '91 series but not used?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:38:09 AM »
I had wondered for years why this hadn't been done! GREAT NEWS! Although I need to get the copy of the original music first and so many other DS thing! [ghost_rolleyes]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

RachelDrummand

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:49 AM »
You know I didn't recognize "Dark Dream" either. Maybe the linear notes will give us some insight there. It was supposedly in the pilot episode but I KNOW I would have remembered it being there.

Offline BrianPGH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »
Unfortunately, the liner notes -- though entertaining & filled with photos -- don't offer specific info regarding the individual tracks, so there's no explanation behind the origins of "Dark Dream." 

I don't recognize it from the pilot either (which could be why it follows the pilot's end theme in the running order, as opposed to being sequenced somewhere before it), but it's a great composition nonetheless. 

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
This is the single most exciting piece of news I have received in years!  These are some of the best arrangements EVER made!  How can you beat the orchestral version of Josette's Music Box or the Opening Theme from the pilot?  Simply fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
I might have to pick this up. I did enjoy the orchestrations in the series. Can't stand that photo of Ben Cross on the cover, though. Not one of the better shots of him as Barnabas.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Can't stand that photo of Ben Cross on the cover, though. Not one of the better shots of him as Barnabas.

I agree. They really could have done something different and even included more of the characters. I would have been happy with that classic pic of all of them on the stairs...or one of the Barnabas/Victoria pics even.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
Unfortunately, the liner notes -- though entertaining & filled with photos -- don't offer specific info regarding the individual tracks, so there's no explanation behind the origins of "Dark Dream."  

I don't recognize it from the pilot either (which could be why it follows the pilot's end theme in the running order, as opposed to being sequenced somewhere before it), but it's a great composition nonetheless.

Well that's a shame. It would have been nice to have a blurb about each individual track but that's fine. Maybe one of us should write Bob Cobert and get that mystery cleared up. I'm just happy we get a release of the soundtrack at all. Now if only they could provide us with a new dvd release that featured the extra footage, the making of video, the fixed aspect ratio/day to night filtering, etc....and some new interviews would be nice. *sighs* I can dream, can't I? Ideally, I'd just get into a time machine, stop the Gulf War so we'd at least have Season 2. Yes, I would stop the Gulf War just for the continuation of a TV show.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 05:04:06 PM »
I'd prefer a different picture, too, something featuring more of the cast - but I actually like that picture. The beckoning come hither hand seems to encapsulate the sexuality of Barnabas' attacks, something that was definitely played up on the series. And I love the atmosphere set by all the candles.

if only they could provide us with a new dvd release that featured the extra footage, the making of video, the fixed aspect ratio/day to night filtering, etc....and some new interviews would be nice. *sighs* I can dream, can't I?

If only... But at least the MPI VHS tapes exist...

Ideally, I'd just get into a time machine, stop the Gulf War so we'd at least have Season 2. Yes, I would stop the Gulf War just for the continuation of a TV show.

That's true fan dedication!  [ghost_wink]

And it's very nice to see you posting, BrianPGH.  [ghost_smiley]

RachelDrummand

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
And it's very nice to see you posting, BrianPGH.  [ghost_smiley]

I know Brian from the Blue Whale Pub (he moderates the DS Revival section). I was told these cds were sold at the fest so I've very surprised this topic hasn't been brought up yet.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
I wondered about that - and now I'm pissed to know they were offered at the Fest yet there was no advance mention of them in the SG updates or the Fest flyer. Surely someone in a position to know such things knew that the soundtrack set was being produced.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
I would have been happy with that classic pic of all of them on the stairs...
I'd prefer a different picture, too, something featuring more of the cast

Interesting - I was just browsing around the screenarchives.com site and not only did a promotion come up with the same picture as is on the cover of the soundtrack:

But this came up on another page:

RachelDrummand

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »
I wondered about that - and now I'm pissed to know they were offered at the Fest yet there was no advance mention of them in the SG updates or the Fest flyer. Surely someone in a position to know such things knew that the soundtrack set was being produced.

Uh huh....once again the Revival series gets ignored. That really angers me. I was telling some of my other DS Revival friends that we should have known about this cd set months ago but no...no advance promotion. Nada. A friend of mine stumbled onto it otherwise we probably wouldn't have known about it.

I saw those promos too on the Blue Whale Pub. :)