Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1040  (Read 1064 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1040
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:15 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1040
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:20:20 PM »
Q:" "Has it ever occurred to you that you are not very funny?"
PT Rog: "No... no it hasn't."

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
Nor should it. The man has a rapier wit that should never remain silent. Though it's certainly understandable that it can't be as much fun if you're on the receiving end.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 10:46:04 AM »
Hurrah!  Inspector Hamilton has arrived.  He contributes such a nice English country house murder tone to this storyline.  I just love him.

As Roger laughed and sneered at Quentin, I thought it might be fun to play this episode back-to-back with one of the many 1897 episodes in which Quentin laughed and sneered at Edward.  Both ways work just beautifully.

Bravo to Maggie for brushing aside the irrelevant Bruno invasion and getting to the point: "Do you really think I'm a witch?"  And golly, Quentin pulled his "I don't want to talk about it" act again!  Unbelievable.  And interesting.  My understanding is that it used to be that "I don't want to talk about it" was reserved for discussing anything and everything to do with Angelique.  And now Quentin probably has no idea that his suspicion of Maggie has anything to do with Angelique.  So "I don't want to talk about it" is spreading, and will eventually take over his life - if his life is long enough for that.  On the whole, I'd say that being executed for Bruno's murder might be a blessing in disguise for him.

Whoever Angelique's murderer may have been, he or she must have been utterly baffled when Cyrus attributed the death to a stroke.  Probably the murderer waited by the phone for hours, expecting to be blackmailed - except that virtuous Cyrus would never have dreamed of blackmailing anyone.  But why didn't John Yaeger use Cyrus's knowledge?  And what are we to make of the argument that Cyrus had with Quentin, right after the restaging of the séance, when Cyrus insisted that Angelique might have been murdered and Quentin vigorously denied the possibility?

When I hear people talking about the fatal hatpin, I keep thinking of a line from My Fair Lady: "Them she lived with would have killed her for a hat-pin, let alone a hat."  It doesn't quite fit, but I think of it anyway.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »
As Roger laughed and sneered at Quentin, I thought it might be fun to play this episode back-to-back with one of the many 1897 episodes in which Quentin laughed and sneered at Edward.  Both ways work just beautifully.

What an excellent idea!  [thumb]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
Part of Taeylor's *personal*festival activities is watching random DS storylines so I plan on watching some 1897 from my newly arrrived $19.00 DVD! Thank you to MB for the heads up. Some private sellers were going cheaper! I really enjoyed NODS yesterday and I hope to the Gods it will be restored.  SORRY!  Just wanted to share.

6/17/70

To me Louis E. sounds a bit different in his VO.  Perhaps he had a cold or it was taped early in the morning.  A number of times certain folks have sounded as if they just woke up in VO.  Again maybe it's just me.

I love PT Roger—he is a total trip!  For such an amazing musician Bruno Hess seems to know only one song but I guess he plays Ode to Angelique because he is obsessed with her!    NO Bruno I don't find your music incredible you narcissistic bastard!! Bruno has some serious massacre going on.  Even I (when I got out put a dab on) but he is overboard!

Whew Maggie gown is making me trip—it’s awfully busy and colorful and giving me a headache! 

Hmm….Roger is acting awfully suspicious! 

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 08:12:57 AM »
Hmm….Roger is acting awfully suspicious!
I think Roger's been acting suspicious since the day he was born.  Oh, gosh, imagine giving birth to Roger!  I wonder what he said upon exiting the birth canal.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »
ROFLMAO! [ghost_cheesy]  [ghost_tongue2]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Someone photoshop a just-born baby with Roger's face, toot sweet!   Then we can do captions.   I have one already.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
PT Roger has had a very easy life- no marriage, child, or manslaughter cover-up. 
Since Quentin runs the house, Roger probably doesn't run the cannery either, he obviously has more time on his hands he can do with. lol.