Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1039  (Read 906 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1039
« on: July 13, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1039
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:50:11 AM »
The dispute between Barnabas and Julia was beautifully written.  Julia put forth quite clearly the arguments for destroying the woman who was supplying the life force for Angelique, and when Barnabas talked about the woman's beauty, I thought: "Angelique is beautiful too, but you still want to destroy her."

Somewhere along the line I started wondering about possible medical differences between parallel-timers and our-timers, and the possibility of a band of time that split off from ours (or, alternatively, from which ours was split off) so long ago that humans would have evolved differently.  Of course that didn't happen here, since the impression given is that the fork in the road is in 1795, but I am entertaining the possibility that Julia could make a disastrous mistake with the woman at Stokes's house because there's a different supernatural setup in parallel time.

I like the "premonition" excuse that Julia gave to Stokes, which would have been prompted by the memory of the premonition that brought her to parallel time - though I didn't quite believe in that premonition, but think that maybe she didn't want to upset Barnabas by telling him that our-time Quentin had mentioned that Barnabas was a vampire in a place where it's best to keep your mouth shut.

Maggie seemed not quite herself today with Roger and then with Bruno.  I guess she's feeling so weird by all that's happened that she can't quite keep herself together.

Bruno sure rose fast to Angelique's bait.  I suppose he thought that if Quentin was going to be convicted of murder, then Maggie was fair game.

And good heavens, why did Cyrus make Roger the executor of his estate?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:36 AM »
Somewhere along the line I started wondering about possible medical differences between parallel-timers and our-timers, and the possibility of a band of time that split off from ours (or, alternatively, from which ours was split off) so long ago that humans would have evolved differently.  Of course that didn't happen here, since the impression given is that the fork in the road is in 1795.....

The "Many worlds" idea is very popular now, with many universes supposedly splitting off from other universes, but no one was talking about that idea back then.   A parallel universe was simply that: not an offshoot of anything, but a completely separate and parallel existence that always had existed probably, and always would.   I'm sure there are RT and PT realities with strange similarities but also strange differences going back throughout history, and pre-history.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »
when Barnabas talked about the woman's beauty, I thought: "Angelique is beautiful too, but you still want to destroy her."

When Barnabas speaks of her beauty, many fans believe he's actually focusing on a certain ample endowment of hers - and I can't say I'd necessarily disagree with them.  [wink2]  I mean, just look at where his gaze certainly appears to be directed here:

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »
I mean, just look at where his gaze certainly appears to be directed here:
Yes, indeed, this was clearly a meticulously thought out performance by Frid.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »
6/18/70

Boy for a half dead woman this one is sure painted awfully well!??  I guess Stokes has Aunt Hannah paint her up and do her hair each day??  I can see it now!

Yes Barnabas she is so beautiful; however she is just a younger version of the woman standing before you!  UGH!  Except I doubt this woman has the layers that Julia has!  “Barnabas in the past I have always though you knew what was best but this time YOU ARE WRONG….!” Julia tells him like it is.  I guess if this girl was ugly she would have been killed! JEEZ! This is a very annoying plotline for me being a Julia and Barnabas fan!

I love Roger's ascot and outfit!  All the outfits in this scene are quite bright per the PT “look!”

WOW!  This episode has 8 characters! Is this a record or something?  

I love LP hair!

Do they hang criminals in 1970 PT?  That seems a bit odd but this is another time band!

Love the pic MB!  HOW FUNNY!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/