Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1029  (Read 986 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1029
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:04 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1029
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Ang locks Yaeger in the room with her!  Yaeger enjoy's Maggie's ball-bearing necklace...   His act is too real to be at all enjoyable.   There are men who really do lock people up in dungeons, especially women.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
Quentin's tie is having a party.
Angelique's dress is going to it.

I remember KLS saying something about Maggie being kidnapped all the time on DS. It wasn't until I'd been watching PT time that I realized she was right.

Great performances from LP and JF. They seem to always shine when playing off one another.

Have you ever noticed that when Selby kind of tucks his head into his neck that he looks as though he is suppressing a burp? Well, I do and it's hilarious.

I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:17:31 AM »
Quentin's tie is having a party.
Angelique's dress is going to it.

I have no idea what you mean, but it's still funny.

I remember KLS saying something about Maggie being kidnapped all the time on DS. It wasn't until I'd been watching PT time that I realized she was right.

I like how fans take it for granted that KLS is mis-remembering something, unless it's proven otherwise!

Great performances from LP and JF. They seem to always shine when playing off one another.

Have you ever noticed that when Selby kind of tucks his head into his neck that he looks as though he is suppressing a burp? Well, I do and it's hilarious.

No I haven't, but now I think of Q as a turtle.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 06:44:20 AM »
I like how fans take it for granted that KLS is mis-remembering something, unless it's proven otherwise!

Sadly, there are very good reasons for that.  [ghost_sad]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »

I wasn't saying that KLS was mis-remembering. I just hadn't thought about how many times Maggie had been kidnapped.

Quentin's tie - it's got confetti all over it.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
We had a parallel time opposite and parallel time sameness today.  The opposite was a wife wrongly accusing her husband of gaslighting her, whereas in our own time we have a gullible wives with no idea that their husbands are gaslighting them.  The sameness was Maggie being kidnapped by a maniac who believes he can brainwash her into loving him.  I said it yesterday and I'm saying it again today: I don't see why Yaeger is interested in Maggie, and I don't see why Yaeger isn't interested in Angelique.

Barnabas needs to take lessons from Angelique.  Angelique finds sneaky and effective little ways to make Maggie believe ill of Quentin, while Barnabas takes the blunt and ineffective route of telling Maggie straight out that Alexis is no good.

Quentin pulled out the suspicion today that Maggie was a witch.  We haven't heard it in a while, and if he were reasonable he would have been rethinking it in light of the costume ball fiasco and he certainly wouldn't have told Barnabas - his wife's confidante! - of his suspicion, but he's not reasonable.  Barnabas isn't reasonable either.  He guessed that the so-called Alexis was bad purely because she looked like his own Angelique.  And just because he was right about that, it doesn't mean that Maggie is any good purely because she looks like Maggie Evans.  More likely - to someone who is outside looking in - Maggie is every bit as mean and manipulative as Angelique is, because guys tend to fall for the same type of woman over and over again.  (And of course, women fall for the same type of guy.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
I think JY's actions are about power, and what he considers evil.   Maggie's far more easily terrified and controlled than Ang definitely, or Buffie or Sabrina.   Maggie's Q's new wife, right after the honeymoon, and Q's his best friend.   What's more wrong than that, that can be shown on TV anyway?

I think Yaeger's supposed tender feelings toward Maggie can be explained as Cyrus seeping through, or a more general desire (demand?) to be loved despite all heinous acts, or a need to be forgiven by someone sympathetic.   Some abusers seem to want or even expect love in return.