Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1028  (Read 1188 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1028
« on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1028
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:33 AM »
Whose VO?  Ray Carlson?   Oh no!  After Yaeger's very credible threatening of Sabrina with the cane-sword (was LR at risk here?), the blade just falls out on the floor, and he has to pick it up!   That's all from me....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 07:13:03 AM »
No kidding. Another DS blooper.

Hey, I saw the actor that played Gladstone on Peter Gunn today.

What a stupid, gullible landlord and all around jerk. Loser. And he's inherited Joe Haskell's shirt.

That has got to be the phoniest mustache (on Yaeger) I have ever seen!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
That has got to be the phoniest mustache (on Yaeger) I have ever seen!
Betcha wouldn't say that to his face.

I have trouble believing that John Yaeger is interested in Maggie.  I can see her appeal for Cyrus Longworth, but Yaeger, it seems to me, would be more interested in Angelique.

Was Yaeger lying when he told Sabrina that Cyrus would go night after night to the Eagle but be too shy to say anything to Buffie?  If that were the case, then surely Will Loomis and his pals would have known all about it.  Meanwhile, something I've been thinking about for a while is why Cyrus proposed to Sabrina, if deep inside himself he didn't want to marry her.  I'd be willing to stake my life that he hasn't gotten her pregnant.  Well, maybe not my life.  I don't know how the facts of life work in parallel time.  But anyway, did Cyrus, in his stuttering shyness, think that Sabrina was his only hope for a sexual partner, and that she wouldn't sleep with him outside of marriage?  Are there prostitutes in parallel time Collinsport?

Suddenly Daniel is friendly with Maggie, and it doesn't look like a ruse on his part.  If it had been, there would have been some lie told with the shell he gave her.  (Incidentally, how come I never find shells like that on beach?)  Are we going to hear anything from Angelique about the hijacking of her son?  I have an idea that that would go deeper with Angelique than losing Quentin to Maggie, but it seems clear that it's not supposed to be the focus of the storyline.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
Hey, I saw the actor that played Gladstone on Peter Gunn today.

What a stupid, gullible landlord and all around jerk. Loser.

I'd like to see Peter Gunn.

As for the landlord, I'm not in favor of coming down on people for being good-natured and perhaps naive.   Granted, very naive in this case.   Anyway, I've found myself on the receiving end of that myself quite a bit over the decades.   My fallback position is to assume the best of the other party until given clear evidence to the contrary, in the hope that they'll do that with me.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 12:29:25 AM »
Betcha wouldn't say that to his face.

Betcha I would. This menopause stuff is going to get me fired from work if I don't keep saying what's on my mind.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 02:55:30 AM »
I'd like to see Peter Gunn.

As for the landlord, I'm not in favor of coming down on people for being good-natured and perhaps naive.   Granted, very naive in this case.   Anyway, I've found myself on the receiving end of that myself quite a bit over the decades.   My fallback position is to assume the best of the other party until given clear evidence to the contrary, in the hope that they'll do that with me.

I'm sorry. That wasn't very nice of me, was it? I'm at a stage in my life where I'm more ornery than usual and that's bad!

Peter Gunn is playing on Retro TV. Henry Mancini did the score on that show and it's wonderful.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »
I'm sorry. That wasn't very nice of me, was it? I'm at a stage in my life where I'm more ornery than usual and that's bad!

Understood....

Peter Gunn is playing on Retro TV. Henry Mancini did the score on that show and it's wonderful.

Another good show with a great Mancini soundtrack:  Mr. Lucky.