Author Topic: O.T. - "Evening of E. A. Poe"  (Read 726 times)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
O.T. - "Evening of E. A. Poe"
« on: August 20, 2002, 05:40:03 AM »
I just got back into town after a week away and noticed tonight's late-night TV schedule:  AMC is re-airing "An Evening of Edgar Allen Poe" (listed as "An Evening With Edgar Allen Poe"), a one-hour, one-man show with Vincent Price dramatizing several stories by Poe.

Airtime is listed as 5:20 a.m. tonight (i.e., early Tuesday morning), but if you set your VCR, allow for some variance in start/end times (say, 10 minutes or so, to be on the safe side).

A must for Poe fans and/or Price fans!

:o
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Re: O.T. - "Evening of E. A. Poe"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 05:48:10 PM »
Hello Vlad!

Oh, that sounds like a must-see; I'll have to check the local tv listings.  Thanks for mentioning it.  

Hope you had a nice week away.  Where did you go?  

[wavey]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2002, 07:48:56 PM »
I just got back into town after a week away and noticed tonight's late-night TV schedule:  AMC is re-airing "An Evening of Edgar Allen Poe" (listed as "An Evening With Edgar Allen Poe"), a one-hour, one-man show with Vincent Price dramatizing several stories by Poe.

A must for Poe fans and/or Price fans!

:o

Thanks Vlad,  it sounds like I should tune in...Now does my schedule permit that is another question...Time to program the VCR...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 01:38:38 AM »
I apologize that I forgot to clarify that the time I stated was Eastern, but it seems it's "standard" to list U.S. times as per the Eastern time zone anyway, so I hope nobody set their VCR for the wrong time.

I was still up when it came on (unpacking and all), and I noticed it did start on time.

I didn't see the whole show, but what I saw reminded me from my previous viewing that I thought the best segments were "The Tell-Tale Heart" and "The Cask of Amontillado."  The settings for both were excellent -- having Price sipping wine at a magnificently set table while telling the "Amontillado" story was lovely.

VAM and Happybat, I hope you got to see it!
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995