Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1022  (Read 1742 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1022
« on: June 15, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1022
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:54:08 AM »
Why did Quentin just not stay, instead of asking if she wanted him to stay.  They certainly don't spend much time talking to each other. It is to bad they just don't spend talking and finding out who would benefit from them fighting. I wanted to hit them over the head.
[spoiler]Doesn't Quentin remember how crazy Angelique was. She is certainly not acting like Alexis. It turns out later that the truth comes out about Quentin and Angelique[/spoiler]

Maybe the censers didn't want Maggie and Quentin in the same bed. You know that you never see that in DS.  Angelique is really making a lot of trouble.

Cyrus and his feelings for Maggie is really sick. Rubbing the gloves is really sick. This is getting really weird. Maybe the ratings for Cyrus and Buffie wasn't good. Maybe Elizabeth wanted to go off and do a play.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:57:12 AM »
Maybe the censers didn't want Maggie and Quentin in the same bed. You know that you never see that in DS.

We saw it [spoiler]on Carolyn's and Jeb's wedding night.[/spoiler] [ghost_smiley]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
Cyrus and his feelings for Maggie is really sick. Rubbing the gloves is really sick. This is getting really weird.
It's wonderful how differently two people can view things.  I like Cyrus and Maggie together so much that it's hard for me to remember that Christopher Pennock and Kathryn Leigh Scott had at least very antagonistic scene together in the Leviathan storyline.  Maggie is very warm and giving with Cyrus, whereas with Quentin she's an awestruck child.  And I think that Cyrus rubbing his cheek with the gloves wasn't sick, but a very effective way of showing how strong the feelings were that he was trying to hold back.  By the time he took the potion and turned himself into John Yaeger again, I felt he had to.  If he hadn't, he would have exploded.

The Seventh Level of Witchcraft.  It's title that definitely attracts attention - seven's such a good number - but are there books on the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth levels of witchcraft?  If so, I'll bet Hermione Granger has read the whole series.

I wish I could have seen Angelique manoeuvring Elizabeth into sending out the invitations for the costume ball, because I don't think this Liz has enough gumption to decide to do it on her own.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
I mistook C Pennock's voice in the VO for L Edmonds', at first.  How?   Them's two good stranglin' hands Quentin's got.

Maybe there are people who have no identity or existence without manipulating others.   They only exist in relation to others and the mayhem they create.   I'm thinking of all the Angeliques.   What would she do in a situation where she didn't have the option of ruining anyone's life?   I don't see her having hobbies.

Does Cyrus chronically go after friends' wives, or just Quentin's?    We see the various characters' self-hatred and deep yearnings come out in this episode.   There's some actual exploration of Buffie as a character.

Barnabas, Quentin, and Cyrus are all interested in Maggie now, with the possible exception of Quentin.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 06:15:46 AM »
Does Cyrus chronically go after friends' wives, or just Quentin's?    We see the various characters' self-hatred and deep yearnings come out in this episode. ...

Barnabas, Quentin, and Cyrus are all interested in Maggie now, with the possible exception of Quentin.

Throughout motion picture history scientists have been portrayed as scatterbrained. And Chris Pennock excels in it. But perhaps the potion has affected Cyrus in such a way that he lusts for Maggie, even though he is engaged to Sabrina.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:51 AM »
The Seventh Level of Witchcraft.  It's title that definitely attracts attention - seven's such a good number - but are there books on the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth levels of witchcraft?

I was thinking the same thing. What are the first six levels of witchcraft? Beginner's level, maybe. Or it could be like 7-UP. The first six stunk and they hit it on number seven.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:55:28 AM »
Throughout motion picture history scientists have been portrayed as scatterbrained. And Chris Pennock excels in it. But perhaps the potion has affected Cyrus in such a way that he lusts for Maggie, even though he is engaged to Sabrina.

I hope not.  Why?  Because I hate it when stories or story elements turn out to have no meaning.   Then my soul's time has been wasted.   I'm not altogether sure that my soul is immortal, so time's sort of an issue.   If the Mag-lust is merely a biochemical hiccup, something that has nothing to do with anything Cyrus thought or felt previously, then the current actions of the Cyrus/Yaeger conglomerate are just plot, just "stuff that happened", just stuff they thought up.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 12:38:38 AM »
5/26/70

Since 7 is considered the number of God I think that 6 would have been better suited for the book but that is just my opinion of course!!

OMG!  The dummy people at the séance crack me up to no end and always have since I saw this sequence!  If there were any doubts that Dan Curtis was cheap than look no further! 

WOW! KLS is really irking with the faces and head jerks and it's this Maggie only.  She never usually annoys me like this.   
Tone it down a bit Quentin! Everyone seems to be aggravating me today!

Did anyone else notice Cyrus is turning into a sniffer—lusting after Maggie!  LOL Re watching this storyline I was surprised at some of the things they got away with like gyrations and sexual innuendo on Cyrus part!

Poor Chris hair is just awful looking!

Yeager's hands are sometimes quite hairy and sometimes they are not.  Maybe it's a side effect?  Regardless I have never seen such hairy hands! YUCK! 

Cutting has definitely come in with the scene cut from Yeager to the docks! 

Quentin chocking his wife hmm…..

WOW—how vulgar CP played that at the end! I am in shock!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Having rewatched the Parallel Time storyline in 1970, I've come to the conclusion that Cyrus and Yaeger weren't so different after all.

The only reason that Cyrus would dare not, as himself, cheat on Sabrina with Buffie or with Maggie if she had returned the feeling of attraction that he felt for her, is that he knows he would look like an absolute creep cheating on his fiancee with another woman and lusting after his best friend's wife! Cyrus wants to maintain his good reputation and at the same time wanting to indulge in his deepest, darkest desires in the ruthless
alter-ego he has created himself.

If Cyrus REALLY wanted to rid man of evil, he never would have kept on taking the potion and kept creating chaos as Yaeger. I think he might be ashamed that he wants to be a bad boy, but at the same time he isn't quite willing to give up his secret life.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 01:12:17 AM »
Yes, I think it was all about looking past fronts people put up to the inner self and inner drives, and his hypocrisy was part of that.   People will devise all sorts of high-minded elaborate justifications for pursuing base drives, and convince themselves of them.   Partly it was his social awkwardness and shyness.  He wanted to break through that and live.   Maybe it was bottling up his emotions that made them twist into Yaeger when finally released.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »
I think he became like an addict. Addicted to the potion and he couldn't stop. Once he had taken it. I don't think he could no longer not take the potion.  JMO
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/