Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1020  (Read 1803 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1020
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:36:04 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1020
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 05:46:10 AM »
I wanted Larry to walk in wearing a Star Trek red tucked-in shirt uniform from Security.   Does cold cause rigor mortis?   Cyrus walks in on Barn/Buffie as Will almost did with Ang/Larry.

Skippy could have darted upstairs and tried the Room again after Cyrus arrived to look Q over.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:46:18 AM »
Go Skippy!!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »
FYI, Skippy = Barnabas, a carryover from the Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) board.   [ghost_smiley]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:06:44 PM »
Aw, I wanted to wait for someone to get confused and ask....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:19:29 AM »
I kind of wish it was someone else besides Larry,  I guess they would have had Don  play this part maybe? But maybe not.

I like the way everyone was concern about Buffy, and not Angelique. I wonder if Buffy felt for once that she was special.

Barnabas is going to have to do some very fast talking.

[spoiler]I wonder where Barnabas gets dinner after Buffy? [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »
I kind of wish it was someone else besides Larry,  I guess they would have had Don  play this part maybe? But maybe not.
I think not.  My impression is that Larry Chase was as a very emergency fill-in character when Don Briscoe became unavailable to play Chris Collins, and now that Larry's tided the plot over, he can be disposed of.  I imagine nobody, not even Amy, will ever mention Chris again.  His trip out of town was an eternal one.  What a pity Roger Davis wasn't brought in to carry on the Chris Collins character!

That old "He's as cold as if he'd been dead for hours" line gets tiresome.  Can't the writers find some other way to get the message across?  No, obviously not.

Everybody likes to talk to Cyrus, because he keeps quiet.  He may not be a sympathetic listener, but he doesn't feel the need to interrupt other people to tell of his own troubles.  So there Will was, killing time while Barnabas was preparing to victimize Buffie, and unknowingly egging Cyrus on to become John Yaeger again - or so I thought.  But instead, Cyrus did the sensible thing and went after Buffie, hoping, I suppose, to discover that he could have fun without being John Yaeger.  Too bad Barnabas was there first.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »
some other way to get the message across?  No, obviously not.

We must never ever lose sight of DC's supreme tenet: If it works once, it will work over and over and over and over and ... over again.  [wink2]  It was something he lived by for his entire career...

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 05:04:21 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about Larry. He is Dark Shadows' red shirt man.
I wonder what reason he's the last of the bachelors and also why he is so proud of it? Hmm...

Will: "Just try to c-c-c-c-calm yourself."
You're a big help there, Will.

Cyrus: Ah, my secret stash of Zarex and it's mine all mine!

Barn isn't very subtle with Buffy, is he?

At Buffy's place: "What a lovely picture." INSERT FANGS HERE...
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:50 PM »
At Buffy's place: "What a lovely picture." INSERT FANGS HERE...

!!!   Would J Frid insert the fangs at some point on-camera because he couldn't talk with them in?

I Googled Zarex.   I found "Zarex, a fruity syrup mixed with water to create a sugar-laden drink"  and  "Z.A.R.E.X.:  Zeta Artificial Replicant Engineered for Xenocide".   How am I to know which one you mean?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »
Yes, it was a drink.  Anyway, when the screen grabs are uploaded for #1020, maybe there'll be an image to fit her caption?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 12:23:46 AM »
The captures for this ep are already picked out and ready to be uploaded, and nothing is currently planned to be included from that moment. But plans can change.  [ghost_grin]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
I Googled Zarex.   I found "Zarex, a fruity syrup mixed with water to create a sugar-laden drink"  and  "Z.A.R.E.X.:  Zeta Artificial Replicant Engineered for Xenocide".   How am I to know which one you mean?

It's a syrup. I used to like the blueberry flavor with milk. Egad!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
The captures for this ep are already picked out and ready to be uploaded, and nothing is currently planned to be included from that moment. But plans can change.  [ghost_grin]

Thanks so much, MB.  No response, but we tried.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 07:15:26 AM »
Busy thread! :) FUN THOUGH!

5/22/70

As much as I love JK I don't care that much for his voice overs. 

MB has mentioned that the color seems to be off at times.  Today it seems all kinds of screwed up.  Today it looks totally different than yesterday!  Poor Larry Chase—wrong time—wrong place—let this be a lessong to horny men everywhere! You may get iced!

My poor cat once again jumped out of it's skin from that scream! Bless it's heart. It's her fault really as she insist on watching DS with me. 

POOR Cyrus!  His situation is much like a drug addicts.  Cyrus is like the Julia Hoffman of this time with his crazy experiments! 

I like wills little neck tie as it's very cute!Alexis and Will are both horrible liars!

Well at least we hadn't heard this song in a while.  No Barnabas in another band of time she is a follower of the Leviathans and one of your victims. 

I think they take The Eagle/Blue Whale set up and down because they are not showing it all and they are using the fake door sound.

Will is going to get another beating!

Well look at Buffie’s cut little TV!  I think the camera partially caught JF putting in his fangs as others have mentioned!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/