Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1016  (Read 1781 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1016
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1016
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
Different Collinwood view during VO...  it may have just been a reversed, enlarged version of the usual image, but it's welcome.   I think we've all been experiencing VO fatigue, from seeing the same image endlessly.

Angelique's portrait has thick, dark brown eyebrows that PT Ang does not have.   I want to say they look painted on, but it seems a bit ridiculous to say considering it's a painting....  Cyrus's exam:  Can one hear heartbeats through afghans?   I like Cyrus.  I wish he weren't trapped in an unsubtle Jeckyl and Hyde remake.   The Other Box is on the study mantle.

I just saw Maggie's big red collared shirt and big wacky tie, and got fed up once and for all with her cute outfits.   It's like she's a kid, playing "dress like a grownup".

The writing seems solid if unremarkable in this one.   When are the powers Angelique calls upon going to get sick of her conflicting requests?  Hurt Q, save Q....   Maggie:  "Quentin, I'm back to stay."   I welcome her newfound backbone.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
I think we've all been experiencing VO fatigue, from seeing the same image endlessly.
You mean the chained coffin?  No, it never bothered me.

Cyrus was all MD today - tending to Quentin, responding to an emergency at the hospital.  I'm sort of surprised that he has any of his medical practice left, but he'll be working on building it up again now.

I miss Nicholas Blair.  In the end he always failed, but he was so much better at the details than either of the two Angeliques.  Here she is, trying potions, trying the wax doll, trying the candles, and nothing is going as planned.  If Nicholas had been doing it, Maggie would have been on her way back to Collinwood twenty minutes after Quentin drank that potion a couple of episodes ago.  And maybe in this time band, he and Hoffman would hook up, and wouldn't that be a pleasure to see!

I had parallel thoughts as Maggie walked in the door at Collinwood.  First: there's Kathryn Leigh Scott coming back onto the set that has become so very familiar to her - as comfortable as old shoes, or alternatively, maybe KLS is wondering why she's still here after all these years.  Second: there's Maggie coming back into a house that still isn't so terribly familiar or comfortable to her.  She was in it for only a few days before she ran out of it.  She loves Quentin, but I'm imagining her feeling the house - Angelique's house - as weighing down on her from the first step she took back inside it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
You mean the chained coffin?  No, it never bothered me.

I meant the image of Collinwood in voiceovers...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:54 AM »
If Nicholas had been doing it, Maggie would have been on her way back to Collinwood twenty minutes after Quentin drank that potion a couple of episodes ago.  And maybe in this time band, he and Hoffman would hook up, and wouldn't that be a pleasure to see!

Thank you, you had my mind thinking crazy thoughts. Great for fan fiction. Maybe I will mention it on the Julia List. I second that thought that Angelique is inept. Everything that she is trying is failing.

I can say that I really liked the cliffhanger, I would have loved to have Quentin, say something really strange to Maggie. I also like Cyrus as the Dr. nice acting.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Angelique's portrait has thick, dark brown eyebrows that PT Ang does not have.   I want to say they look painted on, but it seems a bit ridiculous to say considering it's a painting....  Cyrus's exam:  Can one hear heartbeats through afghans?   I like Cyrus.  I wish he weren't trapped in an unsubtle Jeckyl and Hyde remake.   The Other Box is on the study mantle.

I just saw Maggie's big red collared shirt and big wacky tie, and got fed up once and for all with her cute outfits.   It's like she's a kid, playing "dress like a grownup".

The writing seems solid if unremarkable in this one.   When are the powers Angelique calls upon going to get sick of her conflicting requests?  Hurt Q, save Q....   Maggie:  "Quentin, I'm back to stay."   I welcome her newfound backbone.

What he said.

I hadda fill in third shift last week. Hence my absence. And it's so hard to be cynical so early in the morning.

So Angelique is callling upon fire to help her. Then WHY is she snuffing out the candles?

Liz was right on asking Alexis/Ang to leave the house, and she was more than polite about it. Too bad Ang didn't take the hint. Hit her over the head, Liz!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 10:34:46 PM »
I hadda fill in third shift last week. Hence my absence. And it's so hard to be cynical so early in the morning.

Wondered where you were.  Welcome back!

So Angelique is callling upon fire to help her. Then WHY is she snuffing out the candles?

Mini-chortle.

Liz was right on asking Alexis/Ang to leave the house, and she was more than polite about it. Too bad Ang didn't take the hint. Hit her over the head, Liz!

Alexis would have.   Vipers however aren't shooed away easily.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:18 AM »

5/18/70

I agree with Magnus it is nice to see a new slide albeit a switched view etc. 

Well it's good to see Liz again.  I like her blue dress with the nice pearls.  It looks as if they have put some makeup (red) around David Selby's eyes to give him that wore out tired and sick appearance!  Well at least Liz seems to love her bro and isn't chomping at the bit for an inheritance (unless it all would go to Daniel) that is.

I love the piece of music after  the fade out.  I have noticed sometimes when JF recites lines he will tape his cane on the floor.  It's a little tic he has.

LORD what a red blinding ensemble Maggie has on.  Quit covering his Q's chest up Cyrus…damn!  That's right Cyurs get suspicious of Angelique!

LOL—earring blooper!  Black magic in the study—is that wise Angelique??

Maggie has the luggage that everyone apparently buys!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 08:54:55 AM »
Different Collinwood view during VO...  it may have just been a reversed, enlarged version of the usual image, but it's welcome.   I think we've all been experiencing VO fatigue, from seeing the same image endlessly.

I hear you, but because they've shown that slide so often (I'm pretty sure it was even in the v.o. for the previous ep), you'd think they would have noticed that the lighted windows were on the wrong side of the house.

Barnabas to Liz and Angelexis:  "It will be best if both of you left the room. We don't need hysterics."
Oh shut it.

Cyrus (about summoning Maggie from New York when he believes Quentin's death is imminent):  "I'm afraid that would be a rather fruitful gesture."
That's what I heard, anyway, though I'm sure he meant to say futile.  Or fruitless.