Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1015  (Read 2423 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1015
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1015
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:55:43 AM »
It must be hard for Q to find a spot high enough to hang himself.   Nooses should come with a tag saying:  "Warning:  May cause death.  If death does not occur within 24 hours, contact the manufacturer, if you can still talk after all that hanging that is.   Death by hanging may cause customer to haunt future generations with unremoveable noose around neck, disrupting their lives with impossible, contrived backstory.   Do not remove this tag on penalty of being brought back as a zombie."

Angelique's method of ressurrection was a surprise to her.  That was a surprise to me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »
5/15/70

Written By: Sam Hall
Directed By: Lela Swift

"...has returned in the body of Alexis…” Whoops blooper there.   

Hoffman truly isn't buying it. 

David S does crazy eyes very well as we know from 1897’s zombie eyes. 

I like how Hoffman takes the revelation about Angelique—very calmly with GH playing the scene with a certain stillness about her and I love the following exchange:

“Perhaps I am afraid of you now for the first time!” Hoffman
“Why because I can suddenly lie to you?” Angelique
“No!” Hoffman says calmly.  “Because you’re dead!”

Grayson really looks fresh—I don't know if it's the makeup techniques used on her this particular day but she looks really good.  I also love the way that GH moves with a lot of fluidity when she plays Hoffman. I love the laugh Angelique and Hoffman have as the fade out to B takes place. 

Once again another blooper in this episode as B is visible in the mirror in A's room. 

What a strange position Q fell into!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »
I thought this show was GH show, she did so good.  She was so subdued. I like the
way Angelique played it.

This is a replay of 1795, Angelique might want to talk to her counter part in RT to find out how the spells do not work. It turns the target against her.

I was thinking that it didn't do any good to get rid of the blue pants that were saw in the dream, Quentin still tried to hang himself. I wonder how bruised David was from the fall.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »
I was thinking that it didn't do any good to get rid of the blue pants that were saw in the dream, Quentin still tried to hang himself. I wonder how bruised David was from the fall.
Very good point.  Quentin should have known the hanging wouldn't work.

This is a replay of 1795, Angelique might want to talk to her counter part in RT to find out how the spells do not work. It turns the target against her.
Yeah, right.  All our Angelique would say is, "It wasn't my fault!"

The relationship between Angelique and Hoffman is more interesting to me than the relationship between Angelique and Quentin.  Part of it, of course, is that we've seen Angelique and Julia as adversaries, so it's fun to see them as allies.  But it would be interesting even if we didn't have that background.  We know Hoffman is obsessed with Angelique, but that doesn't keep her from aiding and abetting Angelique in the effort to get Quentin back.  Does there ever come a point where Hoffman decides she wants more from Angelique than what she's getting?

And there are more questions.  Hoffman was slightly wary today of Angelique because Angelique came back from the grave.  Weeks ago we saw Hoffman talking to Angelique's portrait, begging her to come back, but now that Angelique is back, Hoffman isn't so sure.  Angelique told her everything, and after that, Hoffman was OK with Angelique - but still, something probably lingers in Hoffman's mind.

And then Angelique hesitated over sticking the pin in the doll, while Hoffman egged her on, and said she had never been afraid before.  Will Hoffman come to believe that an Angelique who is not fearless is an Angelique who is not worthy of her obsession?

That's it for now on Hoffman and Angelique - except for one final thought: when they were talking in Angelique's room, I was imagining the room changing, and the Dynamic Duo being stuck in our time.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:22 AM »
And then Angelique hesitated over sticking the pin in the doll, while Hoffman egged her on, and said she had never been afraid before.  Will Hoffman come to believe that an Angelique who is not fearless is an Angelique who is not worthy of her obsession?

They sure seem to bring out the others evil. I wonder who got who interested in the occult, I come to think that it might be Julia got Hoffman interest, and then Angelique out paced her in her interest? Or maybe they were kindred spirits.

I have been thinking that GH and TD, sure got the varying rolls, and coming in second was NB.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »
I come to think that it might be Julia got Hoffman interest, and then Angelique out paced her in her interest?
Interesting idea.  Angelique has said that it was Hannah who introduced her to the occult, but maybe it was Hoffman who encouraged her to see that it had real possibilities, rather than being the silly game that Hannah may have made it appear to be.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 02:58:03 PM »
[spoiler]I thought it was Tim Stokes who was the most interested one in the family.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 04:45:54 AM »
Interesting idea.  Angelique has said that it was Hannah who introduced her to the occult, but maybe it was Hoffman who encouraged her to see that it had real possibilities, rather than being the silly game that Hannah may have made it appear to be.

I always felt Hoffman, kind of sat back and made others do things, she kind of instigated idea's and other played on it.
[spoiler]Later it was Bruno, was the one asking Hoffman for money. :)[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
I'm guessing it was no accident that Hoffman referred a couple of times to the current Mrs. Collins as "Maggie Evans."

Does Angelique feel she must have Quentin because he's much harder for her to predict or control than all the other men in her life?  Because that's how she described him, and if it's her motivation, then that's just whacked.

"...has returned in the body of Alexis…” Whoops blooper there.

But she did come to Collinwood in Alexis' body, no?

Once again another blooper in this episode as B is visible in the mirror in A's room.

Thanks, T, I missed that!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
But she did come to Collinwood in Alexis' body, no?
No, I believe it was Alexis's body that got burned up.  And later,[spoiler]the autopsy on the corpse of the supposed Alexis proved that it was Angelique's body, enabling everybody to live happily ever after, or something.[/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »
No, I believe it was Alexis's body that got burned up.  And later,[spoiler]the autopsy on the corpse of the supposed Alexis proved that it was Angelique's body, enabling everybody to live happily ever after, or something.[/spoiler]

Gotcha.  It's lines like the one in this ep's voiceover (not to mention the closing credits that continue to identify the character as Alexis) that confused me as to whether Angelique drained Alexis' body or entered it.