Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #216 -- The Game II; Fest guest list  (Read 876 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #216 -- The Game II; Fest guest list
« on: June 04, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »
SHADOWGRAM
The Official Dark Shadows News Updates Yahoo Group
Marcy Robin's Cyberspace "Dark Shadows" News Updates

An Official Internet Publication of SHADOWGRAM -
The Official "Dark Shadows" Published Newsletters

ShadowGram@aol.com

Number 216. June 3, 2010

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news in this Online News Update "bulletin."

---- Jonathan Frid Announces:
Rules for "The Game II" – DS Burbank Festival – July 16-18, 2919

----------------------------------------------------------

**** JONATHAN FRID (Barnabas, Bramwell) is busy with plans for his attendance at the 2010 DS Festival Convention in Burbank (Los Angeles), California.

He's asked SG to help tell fans everywhere about "The Game II." He welcomes and requests input from you and all fans via email responses to his official website.

The theme for The Game II is scenes of Jonathan as Barnabas interacting with characters played by specific other actors. He is looking for fans to nominate their favorite DS scene with him and each of the 10 individual actors named below.

Please visit Jonathan's official website to submit the scene(s) you select. The website page includes a specific form to indicate your choice(s) Please be sure to use this form when voting.

Please note that JUNE 15 is the last day your nominations will be accepted.

http://jonathanfrid.com/New%20Site/contact/thegame2010.php

Jonathan says:

"THE GAME"
Dark Shadows Festival, Burbank 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As part of our Saturday (July 17) performance, we are again asking you...the fans...
to help us out with some of your favourite Dark Shadows Scenes.

This year there will be a slightly different twist on "The Game".

We would like to showcase the following theme:
"Your favourite scene with Jonathan Frid and another Dark Shadows actor".

We will provide you with 10 Dark Shadows actors for you to comment on. A tally will be made from your choices and the most popular scenes with each given actor will be
shown during Jonathan's Saturday performance.

Instructions:

Please indicate in the form your name, and your choices of favourite episodes (including the episode number please) with each of these actors, along with a short description of the particular scene you enjoyed:

Kathryn Leigh Scott:
Marie Wallace:
Lara Parker:
John Karlen:
Grayson Hall:
Thayer David:
David Selby:
Anthony George:
Joan Bennett:
Louis Edmonds:

PLEASE NOTE: Your voting will be accepted up until June 15th, 2010.

Please submit your results to us before this date. We appreciate your participation.

Jonathan will offer his own comments and observations on the selected scenes when he appears onstage on July 17. He also will be presenting other talks during the Festival.

--- *** SHADOWS IN THE SUN – 2010 DARK SHADOWS CONVENTION

July 16-18, 2010
Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
818-843-6000

*** From SG #117-#118:

The latest complete updated guest list: JONATHAN FRID, DAVID SELBY, LARA PARKER, JOHN KARLEN, JERRY LACY, KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT, MARIE WALLACE, CHRIS PENNOCK, LISA RICHARDS, JIM STORM, ROBERT RODAN, ROBERT COBERT, and SY TOMASHOFF. More guests to be announced.

Also confirmed to guest for the first time: KATHLEEN CODY (Hallie, Carrie) and MICHAEL BROCKMAN (Unit Manager).

SG #117-#118 and recent Online Updates (like this one) to the SG Yahoo Group have more information about the Fest activities, special events, programming, membership rates, and much more.

---- SG will continue to update Jonathan's plans as well as other Fest programming news, and more in the coming weeks between now and the convention.

After the Fest, SG print issues will report the results of "The Game," Jonathan and all the other guests' appearances at the Fest, and the entire Fest weekend itself with exclusive and behind-the-scenes photos, details, and more. Subscription information for the published ShadowGram Official DS Newsletters is later in this Update.

***** MESSAGES FROM SHADOWGRAM

As always, SG welcomes and invites fans who join us at the Fest to please share their photos, reports, etc., with SG. Every picture captures a unique moment and mood, and each person has an individual experience. In this way, fans who can not be with us can enjoy the convention through your sharing.

Please also send - at any time – any mentions you may find about the DS personnel and their projects, the new DS film, DS merchandise, or other DS-related news/references.

Please send all materials to the SG addresses below.

You will be named as a Contributor in upcoming print issues. You also may receive a complimentary Contributor's Copy for major donations of information, funds, postage stamps, supplies, publicity, assistance, etc.

The next print issue SG newsletter is a HUGE Double SG #117-#118. It will be ready very soon for all current postal-mail subscribers. The issue, subsequent SGs, and future SG Online Updates also will cover all the latest official DS-related news

Subscription information for the ShadowGram Newsletter print issues follows. When your order arrives, I will mail you the new SG #117-#118 Double Issue newsletter to begin / renew your subscription. SG #119 and subsequent issues will be sent to you and all postal-mail subscribers as they are published.

This Update is posted to the ShadowGram YahooGroup and is dispersed by interested fans to various lists, boards, websites, groups, Facebook, Live Journal, Twitter, in personal emails, and other online/print communications.

You can join the actual SG YahooGroup easily at no cost: http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowGram/

You can read past SG Updates once you're a member of the group by clicking on the "Messages" tab.

If you'd like more information on how to become a SG YahooGroup member, or an invitation to join the group, please e-mail Marcy Robin at shadowgram1@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Marcy Robin
ShadowGram Editor / Publisher
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Official ShadowGram Website: www.ShadowGram.com

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #216 -- The Game II; Fest guest list
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »
I definately want to respond to this. My fave episode is when Barnabas tells Willie that the difference between him and Vicky is as wide as the sky. But I don't know what episode number it is. Can anyone help me out with this? I think it's in the 200's.
I would love to see Mr. Frid and Old Man Karlen play this out again.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
#293, that one did have a lot of great lines:

"Willie, you do get to be a bore. No wonder I seek other company."

"It's strange isn't it? How people cling to life. How they seem to consider it so much better to grow old, ugly & humiliated than to.."
"To what?"
"To remain young & beautiful forever. Untouched by time. Untouched by anything."
" 'Cept loneliness."

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:30:29 AM »
Thanks!!!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 04:25:43 AM »
It is really too bad that Barnabas did not have any scenes with Buzz.  Oh, how I would love to see that! and vote for it, of course.

It's too bad Dennis Patrick wasn't included.  I thought his scenes with Barn provided some of the finest moments of 1967.

G.