Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1011  (Read 1931 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1011
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:49:52 PM »
Robservations #1011

(It';s probably worth noting that this is the first ep that was taped after hoDS wrapped production. And from this point on nearly all the 1970PT eps were taped in sequence.)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1011
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:13:05 PM »
In the middle of covering up his murder, John Yeager goes spelunking!   Aaa!   The coffin sneaked up on him!   He couldn't see it because it was off-camera!   The show picks up immediately, when fun couple Will and Carolyn reappear.   Yaeger is Gladstone's posthumous protege.   JY kills HG for blackmailing him, but then goes off and tries to blackmail someone else.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »
JY kills HG for blackmailing him, but then goes off and tries to blackmail someone else.

Sounds like the Barnabas justification of Do as I say, not as I do. If he got killed by Barnabas then we wouldn't have had another [spoiler]Kidnapping of KLS, [/spoiler] :)

Barnabas was hungry with Julia not there, so it was good that Will was dinner.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:18:57 AM »
It's great to see Frid, Barrett, and Karlen again.  I'm surprised to learn that, after all this time, Will still hasn't heard the other-time version of Josette's fate.  I would think the story of how Barnabas became a vampire would be the first thing he asked.

Apparently Will is going to pass off the new Barnabas story as fiction.  Does it bother him that that's a lie?  He's written novels before, but it sounds as though he's going to write this book exactly as it is told to him, rather than using it as a jumping off point for his own imagination. 

How can Cyrus be so sure that John Yaeger will never come back again? He transformed once without having drunk the chemical, so it can happen again. 

When Buffie was in Cyrus's lab, I saw nothing in her face to indicate that she was enjoying the experience, and yet now she admits to Yaeger that she did.  She's a very interestingly-written character.  I wish they had gotten somebody better to play her.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 06:21:07 AM »
Ahh... Karlen is back. I feel rejuvenated. He's so good, isn't he? Even with that zit on his nostril.

Anyway, how come Barnabas didn't come out of his coffin when Yaeger removed the chains? Hmm???

That must be some nasty tasting stuff Yaeger's drinking there to cause such a reaction. Try Duel Personality Aid. Tastes bad, but it's sure to pack a wallop. Duel Personality Aid. Available at your local grocers.

All around great episode. Karlen and Barrett are terrific as an at odds couple. Frid is back. Yay!

Looking forward to the next episode.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
Anyway, how come Barnabas didn't come out of his coffin when Yaeger removed the chains? Hmm???
There was a cross on the inside of the coffin lid.  Will's so smart!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:50 AM »
5/11/70

Thanks to the Mod's for the trivia about HODS! I always love to learn new things!  [ghost_smiley]

I always enjoy Nancy's voiceovers!  I am trying to remember if the cave entrance that leads to the Old House basement existed in RT?  I don't recall at the moment!
Once again we see Carolyn in pants which is a stark contrast to RT Carolyn who mostly has wore dresses and skirts.  In the early days of the show she wore cigarette pants a couple of times and of course her riding outfit.

JY hair looks as if he borrowed it from Bruno!  “Why is he letting a girl do a man’s work??”  Misogynistic pig!! Of course I wouldn't expect nothing less from him!   JY has a unibrow!

Nancy B's just scared the hell out of my little cat Tori.  She doesn't like Nancy's screams!  LOL!

I had written in my notes asking if anyone knew how old JK was; however after watching Daughters of Darkness and listening to the commentary as well I found out he was 37.  That isn't old but I thought he was in his early 30’s! By the way if you haven't seen Daughters of Darkness it's a wonderful film and a must for fans of JK and Dark Shadows.

Yay! Barnabas is back!  Love the shot through the case.  Good going B!  “No Will…I will no longer bow to fate!” Of course the bite is off camera because this was two men. The total opposite of the content of Daughters of Darkness! Rent it!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 06:40:36 AM »
I am trying to remember if the cave entrance that leads to the Old House basement existed in RT?  I don't recall at the moment!

Yep.  [spoiler]Maggie ended up on the beach in #261 after escaping from her basement cell.  And in #782, Charity carried the purseful of soil for Barnabas by entering a tunnel at the beach and taking it all the way to the Old House basement.[/spoiler]

Nancy B's just scared the hell out of my little cat Tori.  She doesn't like Nancy's screams!  LOL!

Cats don't like it either, eh?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »
Aaa!   The coffin sneaked up on him!   He couldn't see it because it was off-camera!
LOL

Wow, Yaeger can break padlocks and chains with his bare hands!  Yet the pearl handle [of Will's pistol] to his head knocks him out cold, hmm.

So Yaeger is appalled by the idea of becoming CL again but plots to hide in his identity only until it's safe to reemerge, and Cyrus (clearly guilty over what was done to Gladstone) must know about JY's plan and so he vows to never let his alter ego out again.  This should be the end of it, but we know it won't be for these two wild and crazy guys!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 04:20:48 AM »
I had gotten the impression that Will had intended to revise his previously written account of the PT Barnabas Collins and intended to pass off and publish RT Barnabas' story as the 'true story'...which would have been a fraud. The RT Barnabas' experiences were NOT the experiences the PT version had lived through. The PT Barnabas had lived a normal life, the Barnabas we all know has not.

I was so happy when Barnabas was able to overpower Will. Will really is an unreasonable creep, what PT Carolyn ever saw in him I'll never know. He's also stupid as you should never, EVER turn your back on a vampire, even if you are wearing a cross.

I suppose Barnabas in a way has Yaeger to thank for his unexpected chance at freedom.

But I wonder why Will and Carolyn didn't tie Yaeger up...he might have been strong enough to break the ropes anyway, but why leave him free in any case? Really dumb move on their part.