Author Topic: Off-Camera Scenes You Wish Had Been Shown  (Read 3363 times)

ClaudeNorth

Off-Camera Scenes You Wish Had Been Shown
« on: May 18, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »
Right now, I'm revisiting the Adam storyline on DVD and in one episode, Julia and Barnabas remark that they'll need Willie's assistance to move the unconscious Adam from Dr. Lang's house to the Old House.  The next act of the episode shows Adam safely ensconced in the Old House basement, and I started to imagine what the three of them would have looked like, trying to move the huge dead weight that is Adam from one place to the other.

This started me thinking about other moments that weren't shown on DS that would have been fun to see:  Julia, Stokes, and Cassandra having their "fascinating discussion of the occult," Julia honking her car horn while waiting impatiently for Barnabas, Carolyn's various shopping trips in Collinsport and Bangor.

Anyone else have any favorite unseen moments from the show?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Camera Scenes You Wish Had Been Shown
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »
At the Breakfast table, everyone wondering where Julia stayed the night, and what
might be happening between Julia and Barnabas.

Carolyn trying to teach Adam to dance.

Mrs. Johnson try to cook a 10 course dinner for Christmas, without help.

What Julia would say at the hospital and or Wyndcliff about all the blood and
other things that she bought to Collinwood.

That's just to name a few.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

David

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:08:56 AM »
Barnabas, Josette, and Angelique's first meeting in Martinique.

Quentin and Laura in Alexandria.

David

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:44:33 AM »
As I just talked about in the WP, it would have been quite something to have seen Ang switching with Alexis, the whole thing.... imagine the torturous process of dressing and undressing Alexis like a mannequin, then getting her into the coffin, then scrunching her face into a "peaceful" expression... without getting Trask suspicious when he's pacing not far away!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
Elizabeth putting Big bows in her hair.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
I can't help but envision the scene where Barnabas, Julia and Willie have to move Adam from Lang's house to the Old House ending up looking like something from the corpse-moving scene in Young Frankenstein

Gerard

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
Julia and Willie moving Barnabas's coffin would have been a sight. That would be a heavy load, and I wonder if Julia helped at all or just glared at Willie for taking so long.
Speculation over B and J's overnight visits would have been priceless.
Julia explaining why she needed yet another day off from work would have been a scream.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 04:12:32 AM »
She didn't have to explain a day off, she ran the place from afar.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »
I would love to have seen Hannah from PT carry the body of FRED burn it and bury it! LOL!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
Barnabas with the brill cream every night and no mirror. 
Julia99

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »
About a million years ago, I posted a thread entitled, "Haute Cuisine with Chef Willie Loomis."   I wondered just what gastronomic feast Willie was able to prepare for Barnabas and Mr. B's dinner party guests: Dr. Hoffman, Prof. Stokes and Nicholas Blair, warlock and, of course, renowned connoisseur-of-the-world?

When you consider that the Old House must have featured the absolutely finest amenities and kitchen accessories of a late 18th century mansion, I wonder how ol' Willie pulled it off at all?

Perhaps, Willie informed a discriminating and knowledgeable epicure like Nicholas Blair, that the exquisite main course was from a recipe for classic Hungarian goulash, which Willie had learned during his early days as a student at the New York Institute for Culinary Arts?  (Of course, Willie would be absolutely loath to admit to Nicholas that he actually obtained the recipe for fine goulash from the back of a box of Hamburger Helper!)  

Another unseen scenario, that I would have liked to have seen, was during the 1970 PT storyline, when Barnabas and Dr. Hoffman tried to revive Roxanne Drew, in the same way that they had brought both Adam and Eve to life during those scientific experiments, begun originally by the late, lamented Dr. Eric Lang.

I wondered just where did Barnabas and Julia get all of the equipment to even attempt to revive Roxanne from her supernaturally-induced coma?  I mean, it's not as if they were able to just go over to "Real-Time" Dr. Lang's house and schlep all of that heavy and cumbersome equipment over to the Loomis House.  Maybe Julia put in a call to the nearby Mad Scientist Laboratory Equipment R'Us Store in Collinsport?    

And do you really believe that a nosy Parker like Alexis/Angelique would have never noticed "Miss" Hoffman and Barnabas, carrying all of that stuff into Will and Carolyn's home?  I don't think so!!!

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
Nosy Parker?   [ghost_shocked] hey, that's an expression of mine.   every time i say it, people say, Whut?  [ghost_blink]

re:  willie's cuisine:

I can just see Elizabeth lamenting, as only Joan Bennett could do so well, to Roger, "oh, Roger....where have all the bunnys gone????  It's so dreary without them....I can't begin to think what has happened to them...."

re:  Barnabas's coffin being moved:

i always pictured Barnabas moving his own coffin, on his shoulder like a construction worker carrying heavy things.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Favorite unseen moments would definitely include the lugging around of all those "disappearing" or "relocated" coffins - through the thick brush in the woods at that! Poor Willie must have had a hernia, if not severe back trouble, in his older age.

And that scene after Julia once fished Barnabas out of a premature burial in the ground, there should have been a follow-up scene where Barnabas dusts himself off, climbs out of the casket, and says to Julia, "Did you bring your car? Let's swing by The Blue Whale. After all that, I could use a stiff drink!"

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:10 AM »
I always think of this exact same thing whenever (at the beginning of 1897) Barnabas tells Magda to remove the coffin from the secret room and make it look like it hasn't been visited in over 100 years. I always want to know HOW she's supposed to do that. And as other people mentioned before, the lugging of the coffins through the woods. There's ALWAYS someone lurking in those woods, or just wandering by, or going for a walk. No one ever goes into the woods without incident.

Also the scene where Barnabas, Vicki and Burke go to the abandoned sea captain's house and Barnabas comes back after a prolonged absence with a monogrammed handkerchief for Vicki. Not only do I wish they had followed through with the seemingly paranormal set up they were going for, but also I have to wonder what Barnabas was doing up there all that time? Conversing with ghosts or rooting through old trunks and boxes?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:17 AM »
I have to wonder what Barnabas was doing up there all that time?
He was embroidering the initials on the handkerchief.

I want to see Barnabas entering or exiting his coffin.  Just once is all I ask.