Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0995  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0995
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 05:55:11 AM »
I have had trouble with DS DVDs before.  I have returned a few.   I would say thought yours are past return date?? Or is it your DVD player??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 06:45:09 AM »
Thanks.  I'm sure it's the DVD.  It's annoying to have to try to find a machine that will play all of it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 07:35:16 AM »
Strange...

I recall that a lot of people had trouble with the DS Special Edition DVD, but I've never had any problems with it - not in the five different DVD/Blu-ray players I've owned since that DVD came out. It might seem really weird how some machines seem to have issues with the DS DVDs, while others have none. But as I've said before, there's no real standard for encoding DVDs, so different companies encode their DVDs differently, and sometimes the firmware in a specific player will just say "What the hell is that?!" and have issues.  [ghost_sad]  The good thing, though, is many players have firmware updates/upgrades available on their manufacturers' Web sites... (When The Matrix DVD first came out, I remember that I had to update the firmware on my first player before it would play that DVD.)