Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0995  (Read 2088 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0995
« on: May 07, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0995
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:06:22 AM »
Is it me, or did Michael Stroka do his best Dark Shadows work in the parallel time storyline?  He was more convincing today than I remember him being when Aristede feared for his life. 

I've seen admiring, swooning remarks galore about David Selby lately in the Watching Project topics - but right now Jerry Lacy's the guy for me.  Gosh how I enjoyed his scene with Stroka in the cottage!

Poor, poor Sabrina, who actually believes the time-honored story about how her man is just having an innocent night - or weekend - out with the boys.  I'm finding this Sabrina far more palatable than the Chris Jennings's girlfriend Sabrina.  In fact, all in all, today's episode drew me right in.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
They keep going on about how Barnabas can't witness the events of PT... as if he'd be happier with a CCTV in the coffin, receiving a live feed from Collinwood.   Ghosts should not have trendy clothing.   Quentin should be sarcastic and witty.   Q to Amy: "You don't have to be afraid-- you're with me."   !!!, considering their RT relationship....  Amy comes across as really traumatized.  Well done.   That blue vase's begging to be broken.  Everyone's elbows come within a centimeter....

Bruno's really scared!   I mean it's very credible!   I wonder what part of the chemical formula produces Yaeger's moustache...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:32:25 AM »
Maybe a bad acid trip? Looked like one anyway. Reminded me of those old films they used to show in school about the evil that drugs will do.

I'm sorry. I feel as though every once in a while I am at a loss as to what is going on. How are Bruno and Cyrus connected?

And, yes, it was grand seeing Jerry Lacy again. He does look mighty handsome. I agree. I like him as Tony Peterson, and like many others, wish that the relationship he had with Carolyn went so much further.

But... on to episode 996. Hope it has something more to comment on.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 10:29:04 PM »
How are Bruno and Cyrus connected?

I think Bruno was Cyrus's test subject as an amoral character.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
I think Bruno was Cyrus's test subject as an amoral character.

So what'd he do, put an ad in the newspaper seeking a test subject? It seems like there's more to it than that. It seems to me that all of Angelique's pals knew each other, maybe passed each other outside her bedroom or something.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:19:48 PM »
4/17/70

Denise Nickerson is a fine little actress: She conveys the horror she is experiencing very well. 

I cannot stress how much more likeable (to me that is) CP is playing Cyrus than Jeb.  The piano quits playing before the music ends. HEH!  Classic blooper!

CP really did a good job when Lela Swift (by his recounting) told him he to make a change before his first appearance as Cyrus.  I love the metal door that leads to the underground lab and I also find the lab intriguing the way it's set up!! 

Micheal Stroka sure is hamming it up!

The stuff that CP has to drink looks gross. I asked him on FB what it was.  I hope he answers.  All the quick camera moves as he is in pain are very cool!  I love stuff like that. We finally see our first transformation of Cyrus to John. I really enjoy the psychedelic transformation.  I cannot stress enough how good CP did he really had to learn to play two characters.

Again the transformation is so much fun. You think about these guys. They were on the cutting edge of special effects especially in daytime where they were unheard of at this point! KUDOS!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:21:51 AM »
These were probobly the clothes he was killed in. Lets all remember back about the
clothes that were worn.

I think what it was something like a juice that reacts to baking soda. That is an old
trick that I remember as a kid.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 05:27:52 AM »
It's about time that we hear a Lisa Richards voiceover.

This was Joe Caldwell's 4th script in a row, and he had a female character screaming in terror in each one:  Alexis in #992, Hannah in #993, and Amy in #994 & 5.  It's not cool, Joe.

Bruno wants to spend the night in the room upstairs that Cyrus stays in he's working late.  But why would a bachelor like Cyrus sleep in two different bedrooms in his own house, depending on how late he works?

Chris Pennock totally hammed it up during his transformation, and I loved it!

I was surprised to see actor credits at the end but not a production credit in sight, not even for DCP.

Dameon's ghost spoke in this ep, so seeing his name at the end made more sense than in his previous appearance when all he did was mime.

So what'd he do, put an ad in the newspaper seeking a test subject? It seems like there's more to it than that. It seems to me that all of Angelique's pals knew each other, maybe passed each other outside her bedroom or something.

Maybe Angelique introduced Cyrus and Bruno-- her pet scientist and pet composer?

Jerry Lacy as Mr. Trask doesn't do anything for me.  But I still say Tony Peterson is hot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »
Great to see you catching up with the project. I am so beyond! Slowly but surely we will get there.  I enjoyed your thoughts Midnite! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
Thanks, dear.  I am really behind but as you said, we'll get there.   [ghost_happy]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 05:09:30 PM »
Actually I said I am so beyond [ghost_cheesy] but that is par for the course with me.  Please everyone overlook me and hopefully you will "get" what I am saying.  I have just learned to laugh!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
LOL

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 06:53:30 PM »
I'm glad for your comments too, Midnite...   

I seem always to be two episodes ahead.   I stop myself from getting farther ahead, since it lessens enjoyment of each episode, ploughing through a dozen at a time...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:53 AM »
Thank you, Magnus.

I was surprised to see actor credits at the end but not a production credit in sight, not even for DCP.

Ignore that.  My usual DVD player skips ahead at that point.  I realized it when I couldn't get #996 to play.  But in my PC, the production cred for this ep and the next ep play fine.  Never had a problem with a DS DVD before this.