Author Topic: Angelique's very UNHIP wardrobe. .  (Read 3303 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Re: Angelique's very UNHIP wardrobe. .
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 06:19:40 AM »
I think Angelique's bed clothes might very well be Victoria's darkest and scariest Secret... :)

Think she had a secret panel?

Ringo

[still lovin'  Maggie's blue velvet top!] :P
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2002, 07:05:31 AM »
Mine is another "yes" vote for the white dress.  I love Ang in the black velvet the other day, too, when she tried to "seduce" the young policeman.

Love, Robin

Hello Robin, I believe the dark dress you speak of was actually a very dark Green, I recall catching glimpses of green velvet when the light hit her dress from time to time...
I also like this white dress, I suppose it reminds me of coffin liner for some reason.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 09:10:34 AM »
She did look great in her first wedding dress

I agree! I really thought that first wedding dress was really pretty.  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline John_in_NC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2002, 02:33:19 AM »
I like Angelique's "white dress" but it gets a little old after a while.  However, it appears a pale blue on my tv!!  ?!?  And speaking of outfits, Nicholas "The Joker" Blair's suit probably wandered around Collinsport on it's own while he slept! ;D
John

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2002, 06:57:40 AM »

Just the five :)

And do we really have to go into 1840PT? because everybody  had the worst hair and some scary, scary clothes.

Luciaphil

Except Julia her makeup was great, hair and dresses ..especially the blue-gray thing and those capes!  And great earrings too. But yes some of the other chicks. .Roxanne and Samantha. .horrible hair!
Julia99

Offline John_in_NC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2002, 07:16:32 PM »
J99, I agree that Julia was striking in the period costumes.  I also think she looked great in the black outfit this week.  
John

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 02:58:36 AM »
I too love Angelique's white dress.....she made it work, by George!

Even in this day and age, she would make it on my ten best-dressed list on that dress alone....not to mention she made one awesome vampire!

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »
She also had a black velvet looking gown with a white trim that I liked. The white was ok but sort of nondescript. It was a heck of a lot better than her clothes as Cassandra. I didn't mind the dresses that weren't that horrid neon green color (which with the hair was atrocious) one was red and one was a gray and white number that was rather attractive. As for 1970 parallel time, I agree with whoever said let's not go there. When she was in the past, her dresses were much prettier (as was her hair) especially 1840 when they finally let her wear blue. She looks awesome in blue.

Alondra

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 07:56:40 PM »
I absolutely hated Angelique's white vampire gown. To me, it was as if someone pulled drapes off a window, threw them over her, and tied a sash around her waist! That thing was just hideous and did the beautiful Lara Parker no favors. Now, on the other hand, the gown she's wearing in 1970PT (in the portrait and in her coffin) is fabulous and really suits her. Too, I loved the elbow-length gloves -- very elegant!

While we're on the subject, there was just no excuse for Quentin's plaid jacket in 1970PT! He has model-good looks, and a navy-blue, double-breasted blazer was more the ticket.

BTW, loved the comment on Nicholas Blair's get-up. You are so right -- it probably did wander around Collinsport by itself at night when Nicky was sleeping (did he ever sleep? -- another subject for another day).

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 09:21:24 PM »
Ang and Eve were semi-prisoners of Blair's, so he wouldn't really care about getting them a lot of nice clothes, and would rather see them in nighties, which might encourage them to stay at 'home'.    I enjoyed in one scene seeing Ang and Eve hanging out just outside Collinwood in their respective white and black nightgowns, unobserved.    One of those 'anything goes' DS moments.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor