Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0991  (Read 1253 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0991
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0991
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 06:07:24 AM »
This was quite an absorbing episode.  There was so much to be learned, or speculated, from the conversations between Cyrus and Sabrina!  The writers managed to make the connection between the taking of Sabrina's engagement ring and the necessity of re-creating the séance a little more plausible when Sabrina said that Cyrus's interest in separating good and evil was encouraged, if not initiated, by Angelique.  And I think Sabrina may have been the first person we've seen so far to say out loud that Angelique was not sheer perfection in every way, although of course it has been implied by many people.

Cyrus has been wonderfully kind to Sabrina since she was attacked.  Maybe I'm misreading the intentions of the writers, but it seems to me that there is real caring there, not just feelings of guilt.

There was a point at which the camera was looking at Sabrina but we were listening to the argument between Quentin and Cyrus over the séance.  Suddenly Cyrus's voice became more heated, but we never knew why.  Quentin - David Selby - must have done something to cause it, and I wonder what it was.

Nice performance by Lara Parker.  When Quentin said (with some minor stumbling by David Selby) that Alexis had reminded of Angelique just then, I was thinking the same thing.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:08:23 AM »
How close was Cyrus to Angelique?

I get the feeling that Ang was a slut, and I don't have nearly enough bobby pins for my hair.

Well, Quentin's pants tent quite often. Am I  the only one that notices this?

Daniel. Looks like Quentin didn't tell him about Alexis' arrival either.

Cyrus' hair looks like a volcano.

I love Chris Pennock's portrayal of the Jekyll/Hyde character.

Yipe! Who is the actor playing the brtender at the Blue Whal;=le?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:53 AM »
Yipe! Who is the actor playing the brtender at the Blue Whal;=le?

Don't know his name, but he also played Rhoda's boss on "Rhoda" toward the end when the show got bad, and Baron Harkonnen in David Lynch's "Dune".

I want the 45 "#2 At The Eagle".   That's all I have in my notes.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:02:13 PM »
His name is Ken McMillan.  He also played the sailor at the Blue Whale that recognized Paul's tattoo.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »
Maybe there was a connection between Cyrus and Sabrina becoming engaged and
the death of Angelique. I wonder if she knew something, he didn't want her to?

But it did seem like he really cared for her. Maybe that is why these two instances
were connected.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »
Though I still find it questionable, the advice of the hospital shrink to allow Sabrina to relive the first seance proved golden because she came out of it knowing there were two seances.  Now she wants to apologize to Quentin for what she put him through that night, yet it doesn't occur to her to apologize to Alexis.

RT David and PT Daniel-- both got distracted fathers and self-absorbed supernatural mothers.

Bartender to Cyrus:  "You didn't drink your sherry!"
Wouldn't the more believable statement have been, "You didn't pay for your sherry!"?

I agree with the comments that Cyrus cares for Sabrina.  Taking it further, I just don't believe that he loved her because Pennock doesn't play it that way.  For example, if he loved her, he wouldn't have pushed her to talk about the attack just so he could learn more about the night he can't remember.  But I'm not sure that he loved Angelique either.  I think Cyrus loves mysteries-- scientific or otherworldly; either kind works for him.

Angelique had an autopsy??!  Hmm, now does that make sense in light of future events?

There was so much to be learned, or speculated, from the conversations between Cyrus and Sabrina!  The writers managed to make the connection between the taking of Sabrina's engagement ring and the necessity of re-creating the séance a little more plausible when Sabrina said that Cyrus's interest in separating good and evil was encouraged, if not initiated, by Angelique.  And I think Sabrina may have been the first person we've seen so far to say out loud that Angelique was not sheer perfection in every way, although of course it has been implied by many people.

Bruno mentioned in #985 that Angelique got Cyrus started on the experiments.  (He also said that Angelique thought the experiments were feasible, which makes me wonder if she first conceived the idea too.)  But finally hearing about Angelique's cruelty was enjoyable, and wow, even her own son was a target of her abuse!

There was a point at which the camera was looking at Sabrina but we were listening to the argument between Quentin and Cyrus over the séance.  Suddenly Cyrus's voice became more heated, but we never knew why.  Quentin - David Selby - must have done something to cause it, and I wonder what it was.

Or Cyrus is highly excitable?

Well, Quentin's pants tent quite often. Am I  the only one that notices this?

Yes, you are the only one.  [wink2]

Cyrus' hair looks like a volcano.

LOL

Ken McMillan (who was listed in the closing credits) must have been described in the DS Rolodex under Good for giving much-needed exposition in a bar.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
BTW, since Taeylor recently mentioned it, here's another example of an actor (Selby this time) doing the voiceover and also appearing in the opening scene.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
RT David and PT Daniel-- both got distracted fathers and self-absorbed supernatural mothers.

No matter the time band, some things never change...

Angelique had an autopsy??!  Hmm, now does that make sense in light of future events?

[spoiler]Stokes sewed her all back into place?[/spoiler]Either that or autopsies are VERY different in PT.