Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0990  (Read 1537 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0990
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0990
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:05 AM »
I think this begins a stretch where they intermittently seem to forget that LE is supposed to be playing PT Roger not regular Roger.   ECS to Q: "Maybe that's why life is so difficult-- we don't know what our responsibilities are."   Cryptic but it sounds significant.    Sabrina's person is honored with the gold/mud afghan.   I hope it gets washed regularly; an pandemic could tear through Collinsport in a day, just by way of the two afghans.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
I think this begins a stretch where they intermittently seem to forget that LE is supposed to be playing PT Roger not regular Roger.
I was thinking along those lines, but I think that was only when Roger was talking to Elizabeth.  When he was talking to Angelique's portrait he seemed more like parallel time Roger as we think of him.  So maybe Elizabeth has a stifling sisterly effect of him.  And speaking of sisters, did Quentin call Elizabeth his sister?  That would make everything very simple genealogically, although it would suggest that Quentin is older than Roger, which I find hard to swallow.  And anyway, I just don't see this Quentin and this Elizabeth as brother and sister.

Michael Stroka did a nice job today, when Bruno was talking about the momentous séance, though I had to laugh when Bruno said that re-doing the séance would be "tasteless."  Since when does Bruno know tasteless when he sees it?

I was surprised to hear that Angelique had been excited about the séance.  In our time band, they're an everyday occurrence, but in parallel time they I guess they're a bigger deal.

Bruno's piano had a lacy thing covering it instead of the afghan that was covering it before.  Spring must be here.  Maybe in midsummer the piano wears a bikini.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »
Too short a skirt on Liz. Not that she doesn't have a great figure, but Mini-skirt Land doesn't work for a woman her age. Our age...

It appears that the Collinsport Funeral Parlor/Tombstones While U Wait outfitted most of our manly heroes in this episode.

I am curious to know how Cyrus is able to afford a giant diamond for his fiancee and three-piece suits for himself.

Here we go again. Nobody told Roger about Alexis, hence another shocker. Family meeting, Q-man. Announce the twin sister before somebody has heart failure.

Okay, so what was the relationship between Angelique and Sabrina?

On to the next episode, if this old poster can stay awake.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
During these episodes I felt like they were trying to play for time.

Why would Sabrina all of sudden, go back to the months before.

It would seem like she would want to go back to where she was happy.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »
Lisa Richards annoys the hell out of me here.  Her RT counterpart was also capable of stubbornness and incredible persistence, but PT Sabrina's attempts to force the seance just come across as crazy-mad.  And what decent psychiatrist would encourage a victim of a recent physical assault to relive the 6-month-old trauma of watching somebody die, and without even being present himself, or think that doing so would be the least bit therapeutic?

Roger:  "Why does she insist upon the seance?"
Cyrus:  "Evil. Moments of evil. It's the only explanation that I can think of."
It seems very telling that Cyrus would admit aloud that Yaeger is capable of "moments of evil" yet he doesn't halt the experiment.

So, we learn that Cyrus, Sabrina, Roger, Liz, Bruno and Angelique participated in the original seance.  I'm not sure I understand the significance of leaving an empty chair for Quentin; was he originally a participant, and if Angelique "knew that Quentin hated her interest in the occult," why was there a chair for him at all?

ECS to Q: "Maybe that's why life is so difficult-- we don't know what our responsibilities are."   Cryptic but it sounds significant.

Unfortunately, that moment is immortalized in the blooper set because a camera came into view.  Not to be outdone, the boom mic also makes a couple of appearances in the ep, most notably (?) above the seance.

And speaking of sisters, did Quentin call Elizabeth his sister?  That would make everything very simple genealogically, although it would suggest that Quentin is older than Roger, which I find hard to swallow.  And anyway, I just don't see this Quentin and this Elizabeth as brother and sister.

I'm not sure they are either.  When Quentin first brought Maggie home, he introduced his bride to Liz saying, "This is my cousin, Elizabeth Stoddard."  He did call her sister in this ep, but he seemed to stammer a little, so maybe Selby misspoke.

Too short a skirt on Liz.

And why was she all in black?

I am curious to know how Cyrus is able to afford a giant diamond for his fiancee and three-piece suits for himself.

Angelique was a very generous benefactor?

Why would Sabrina all of sudden, go back to the months before.

It would seem like she would want to go back to where she was happy.

I think they were going for the idea that Sabrina's subconscious repressed the memory of what happened at the seance until the new trauma brought it to her conscious mind.  Or something. ;)

Yet it seemed sloppy that it wasn't Yaeger's attack that made her regress 6 months, but the dream she had afterward of the attack. ::)

The popup liquor cabinet is pretty cool.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
I'm not sure they are either.  When Quentin first brought Maggie home, he introduced his bride to Liz saying, "This is my cousin, Elizabeth Stoddard."  He did call her sister in this ep, but he seemed to stammer a little, so maybe Selby misspoke.
In later episodes, Elizabeth is referred to as Quentin's cousin, or else Roger or Carolyn is (I can't remember the details) so I think it was indeed a blooper on Selby's part.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
Yes, I just watched the next ep and David asks his father why Cousin (not Aunt) Elizabeth is crying.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 08:17:05 PM »
And what decent psychiatrist would encourage a victim of a recent physical assault to relive the 6-month-old trauma of watching somebody die, and without even being present himself, or think that doing so would be the least bit therapeutic?

A PT psychiatrist. Apparently they have a seemingly entirely different way of thinking than RT psychiatrists might.  [wink2]

I'm not sure I understand the significance of leaving an empty chair for Quentin; was he originally a participant

As we later find out[spoiler]he was indeed.[/spoiler]

and if Angelique "knew that Quentin hated her interest in the occult," why was there a chair for him at all?

Good question. But perhaps they're was some sort of peer pressure to participate and/or he may have even been embarrassed into participating, like, say, Roger throwing digs that seances were really just a parlor games and nothing supernatural actually happens at them. (And, of course, Roger[spoiler]would have wanted Quentin present for his own reasons that we shouldn't go into at this point.[/spoiler])