Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0984  (Read 1230 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0984
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0984
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:05 AM »
“Another level of time!”  GH says in the voiceover.  I like that line.  I love the music playing after the credits intro!  Miss Hoffman is “evil to the core!”  I have noticed that Grayson’ Hall’s tongue often moves up and down. It this some kind of acting technique to keep ones lines flowing smoothly or keeping one from stuttering??  Or is it just a tick?

“Wear ‘em down!” Selby southerness once again shining through!

Everyone seems re energized! The actors, the camera crew, the lighting technicians as everything  seems exciting again to me!  I love the music playing when Maggie confronts the portrait---either new music has been recorded or they are playing rarities!
“You are a rare person yourself Miss Hoffman.  You're the only person I've ever met who could turn an apology into a testimonial!” ROFLMAO  That was good one for Maggie amidst her horrible naiveté!

Is this the first time Dan has paid for 2 minutes of someones time???
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »
GH, does Hoffman so well, so different.

Quentin isn't honest with Maggie, but he gets mad at her. I wonder how much he didn't tell her about his life with Angelique. I wonder is he really loves her, or he wants someone that he can control.

Was he not able to handle Angelique?

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:44 AM »
It's nice to see Maggie find some backbone, though she really shouldn't have fallen for Hoffman's trick.  She had already heard Hoffman laughing at her in front of Angelique's portrait.  And I'm surprised that nobody in the record shop said a word to her about that particular piece of music.

Grayson Hall did a lovely job in front of that portrait today, after Maggie had left, when she was pleading with Angelique.

I'm daydreaming here, imagining Collinwood during Angelique's time, when it was, apparently, paradise.  Flowers and elegance and perfection.  Of course it wasn't perfect; we know already that there are several people who disliked her, and if Angelique had really been a nice person, she wouldn't have had a poisonous snake like Hoffman for a housekeeper.  But it's a nice daydream all the same.

And now, with the arrival of an Angelique lookalike, Dark Shadows has broken the bounds of Rebecca.  It didn't take long!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:32:33 AM »
I write my reviews a few weeks in advance in case I fall behind! I forgot to note it this time around (as I reviewed these eps on my own before) I just looked in my old notes and this episode aired on April 2 1970!I don't think I am mistaken on this.  I hope not and if I am  forgive me cousins. A year later DS would leave the air! :(  
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »
Isn't the song actually named after Angelique?  Wouldn't "Angelique's Theme" or whatever have been clearly labeled on the record when Maggie bought it?   

As Q leaves Maggie in the Drawing Room, he flings the doors open way too close to KLS's face, an inch maybe?   To her credit, she doesn't flinch, but she does put her hands up to her face instinctively, to protect herself.  Then again, she probably puts her hands to her face in shock every five minutes anyway...

Q has on a bright blue jacket, and Maggie's in an electric yellow-green shirt, showing that PT green/blue combination again.

Ang appears to be back, chatting away casually with Q, bum bum bum!   What's going through Maggie's head... her marriage was just a practical joke?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 06:16:14 AM »
Isn't the song actually named after Angelique?  Wouldn't "Angelique's Theme" or whatever have been clearly labeled on the record when Maggie bought it?
The piece is short enough so that I think it probably would not have been the main event on the record, so the name of it could have been lost in the fine print.  But if that's the case, it surprises me that it was the first track.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 06:10:44 AM »
Creepy music in Angelique's room as the kids are discussing who dodn't hum what. I half expected Vincent Price to show up at any moment.

And the Rotten Kid of the Year Award goes to...

I have to say that Grayson Hall is dynamite here. If only Hitchcock had been a fan of DS, he maybe might have plucked Ms. Hall away and featured her in a feature. Seriously, though, it's a pleasure to watch her in this part.

Hey, Saints be Praised, I have a recording of Angelique's song or Ode to Angelique, or whatever the hell it's called. Call me. We'll do lunch.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
The DVD warns that this ep "contains frequent visual imperfections."  I don't believe they were referring to the problems with wardrobe continuity... The opening scene was reshot with Maggie in different hair accessories and hairdo, and her pink dress has turned red.  And David Henesy has on a different shirt.

Ang appears to be back, chatting away casually with Q, bum bum bum!

And then the end credits spoil the illusion.

What's going through Maggie's head... her marriage was just a practical joke?

Good question!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »
Ang appears to be back, chatting away casually with Q, bum bum bum!

And then the end credits spoil the illusion.

I always hated when they did that.  >:(

They may have been contractually obligated to put Lara Parker's name in the credits - but just for that ep one would think they could have done something like:

Woman
   Lara Parker

But then perhaps DC was too cheap to have a one-use placard made for the credits. ... What am I saying? Of course he was too cheap!