Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0982  (Read 2372 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0982
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0982
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
On Maggie, first sign of that blue-green combination that the PT fashion plate seems to favor.   I like Will's reaction to seeing Barnabas... no intros, just "Turn around!"   Good for Will figuring out that Barnabas is a vampire in record time.  Bad for Barnabas of course.    Maybe he can escape by willing his astral self onto yet another DS reality where he's an out-and-out bad vampire, Collinwood looks completely different, and Maggie's going out with Jeff Clark...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »
Willie released Barnabas from his coffin, and Will has chained him back in.  Very neat.  And golly, that was a huge cross Will had stuck to the coffin lid.  He wasn't taking any chances.

I felt a thrill when Barnabas said, "I am the first Barnabas Collins."  After three years, it is very easy to forget that Barnabas is living - or anyway, undead - history.  What did he think when he heard the news that King Louis XVI had been guillotined?  And was poor Louis XVI guillotined in parallel time?

Maggie's a trusting little soul.  If I were she I'd think twice before taking Will Loomis as my confidant.  I suppose there's nobody else possible, since Quentin flew off the handle when she tried to get some information from him, but Maggie could have simply kept her mouth shut altogether.

Magda may have been Grayson Hall's favorite character on Dark Shadows, but I hope Hall had as much fun playing Hoffman as she appears to be having.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
One of the things that I really like about the Quentin aspect of this storyline is that right from the outset it's established that Quentin is a damaged and pained man - and it soon becomes apparent that his oftentimes bizarre and even cruel behavior is because of that pain. But the intriguing thing is that we're not quite sure from where/what his pain stems. There are some assumptions one can make along the way. But will they stand up? Only time will tell...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:49:14 AM »
Thanks for that MB...  without any explanation or background, it's easy to think of PT Q as just inexplicably 'cranky' and unpleasant, and hard to watch.   A lot of fans, including me, react that way.   Your way is the better way to look at it, though.   These things (like Q's temperament) happen for reasons, and the writers may have had some in mind, even if they didn't share them with us.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:16 AM »
The writers definitely had reasons in mind - as did Selby when he played the subtext of Quentin's actions. But the thing is that they liked to play with the audience and keep them wondering exactly what caused Quentin's behavior. Red herrings could easily be misleading...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:19:46 AM »
Of course, there is that movie they're basing this on that I lost sight of while making that last post... Q went through the same thing Olivier (?) did.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:20:49 AM »
I personaly think that Quentin should have had Hoffman under control faster than he did.

Didn't he know that Hoffman would be doing things to hurt Maggie? He should have known that Angelique and Hoffman were partners in crime. I wonder how long he had been gone from Collinwood? Quentin was spoiled I think in many ways, it was almost as if he expected people to read his mind to know what he wanted.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:42:51 AM »
There is a pesky ole jacket in my face! LOL

3/31/70

“Parallel Tiiiiiiiime!”  I love Grayson’s usage of her low register.  Grayson’s grown out hair has come into usage with her hair pulled up into and up do with a small piece on top!  I love the Loomis family and it's seems that Nancy and John  are enjoying their new roles.  “Guard him…..guard me carefully!”  Barnabas LOL  I like the small nuisances that the set decorator has made to the set.  The colors are absolutely breathtaking in Parallel Time.  It truly feels as if one is in another world or time!  We also learn that Quentin is the head of the cannery in this time.  It's really odd to see the Old House or Loomis House furnished with some modern things and electricity!  John Karlen is very sexy with his ascot and luscious lips.  It's once again interesting to see Carolyn under Barnabas control.  One episode in and Barnabas is gonna be trapped in a coffin.  Of course we all know why with HODS!  So here with go with the early INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE! What always gets me about the ending is that it seems as if Barnabas could have attacked Will from behind!??? 

Written by Sam Hall
Directed by Henry Kaplan
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
What always gets me about the ending is that it seems as if Barnabas could have attacked Will from behind!???

Crosses have shifting properties on DS. Sometimes they simply hold a vampire back or prevent him/her from entering - but other times they seem to completely overpower the vampire. It would appear that we're to believe that the cross inside his coffin prevented Barnabas from doing anything other than getting in the coffin...

And on a completely different note, this time around I'm really noticing how often KLS touches her face:

It may be almost as often as RD touches his hair.  [ghost_shocked]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
It's "Home Alone! the Collinwood Edition," starrrrring Mrs Maggie Collins!

Thanks for a good giggle, MB.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 11:22:16 PM »
Well that is pretty good explanation MB but it still annoys me.   [ghost_azn]   I concur with GOTHICK. I love the pic!  So funny!  To be quite honest KLS annoys me.  However, I think it's more magnified in this role.  This time around I have noticed my annoyance more! I do think she can be very good though.  I enjoyed her in 1897 as Lady Kitty Hampshire!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »
The inconsistency in the way crosses work on DS gets me at times, too. It would be nice if their powers were consistent. But then, if we wanted consistency, I suppose we wouldn't be such fans of a show like DS, now would we?  [b003]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Very true MB! I love DS warts and all! :)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 06:07:13 AM »
Sam Evans and Will Loomis whooping it up at Collinwood? It isn’t a parallel world. It’s a paradoxical world.

So which is worse, tannic acid or booze?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.