Author Topic: **** New Features? ****  (Read 4217 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: **** New Features? ****
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2002, 10:11:56 AM »

So, before you clicked the Submit button, did you make a selection [check one of the radio buttons]?

No, that's just the point!  When I clicked the submit vote or whatever the button was called, I expected to find the list of choices and some place to check or click to indicate which I was voting for.  Instead, all I saw was the results.  I thought perhaps one is just supposed to click the desired item, so I tried that and I tried clicking anything else that looked promising!
It was just the results and that's all I've seen ever since.  I never made a choice and I never even saw a "submit" let alone click it.

Anyway, in case I never get to do it - put me down for the "Search New Posts"!!
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2002, 09:27:55 PM »
It was just the results and that's all I've seen ever since.  I never made a choice and I never even saw a "submit" let alone click it.

Anyway, in case I never get to do it - put me down for the "Search New Posts"!!

You must've seen the original poll because that's the only time a "vote" button appears in the polls, and you must've made a selection before you clicked it because a vote did register for the above selection under your IP number/username.  So you're all set, and thanks for voting!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2002, 06:40:01 AM »
Actually, I think that's even "weirder"!!  All along I wasn't voting, but would look at the results.  After several days I finally posted that I would vote, clicked on the vote button, and I swear I saw no way of making a choice and never actually voted.  So, if you say it went through and on the correct one, I must assume there was a ghost here doing it or something!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2002, 08:32:00 AM »
Thanks so much to the 48 "cousins" who voted in this poll. Midnite and I really appreciate it!

As for the other 24 "cousins" who checked out the poll but decided not to share their opinions (despite my impassioned pleas :(), Santa Benefactor might just have 24 lumps of coal with your names on them. (And Santa Benefactor might not just be speaking figuratively... [vryevl])

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2002, 10:11:12 AM »
You have it already!! :)  That sure was fast!!

I tried it just now.  There was 1 new item for me, and it worked and worked and didn't come up with anything.  I don't know if waiting any longer would have made a difference.
Josette