Author Topic: Barnabas's Best Moments  (Read 3704 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Barnabas's Best Moments
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2002, 11:13:44 PM »
This probably doesn't qualify as a "selfless" moment, but by far I think Barnabas' best moment was the time he first told the story of Josette to Vicki and Carolyn during the thunderstorm (early B/W episode). He had this enormously long monologue and never missed a beat; the emotion was so real, the atmosphere so haunting, it was a very genuine moment.

i think that may have been the barnsters best moment on the show, it was a very good performence.
Another incident that stands out in my mind was during the seance when Sarah began to speak through Vicki and he tried to stop it - but he had to catch himself because he started to say "This is cruel . . . " then quickly glanced around to see if anyone caught on. The response here was also very genuine.

Just a couple of my favorite Barnabas moments.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2002, 07:18:30 AM »
For me it'll always be 1995 when he tells Julia "not without you" :'(

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 07:38:10 AM »
For me it'll always be 1995 when he tells Julia "not without you" :'(

jennifer

THAT was an excellent B moment. . for God's sake Julia had just colluded with the devil to kill him but he still wouldn't go home without her .. .now that speaks volumnes I have to say. . .
Julia99

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2002, 11:33:57 AM »
Another touching scene was when Barnabas went to his father in 1795 and asked him for two requests:
1- To free Ben
2- To help Vicky
I especially liked #1 because even though Barnabas had become a vampire, it showed that he still had some good human feelings left in him.

Also I found it very touching when he and Joshua had said their goodbyes to each for the last time in 1795. That scene was a real tearjerker.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2002, 04:44:52 PM »

THAT was an excellent B moment. . for God's sake Julia had just colluded with the devil to kill him but he still wouldn't go home without her .. .now that speaks volumnes I have to say. . .

Clueless wouldn't you say J99? ?!?

jennifer

He would have been bored to tears by all those SYT's in days(maybe not Angie!)too ;D
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2002, 08:37:14 PM »

Clueless wouldn't you say J99? ?!?

jennifer

Heavens no .. it spoke to his undying loyalty to her, just as she has been loyal to him for 5 years even when he was cruel and under the control of evil things. . she stood by him (well for the most part --I haven't seen the Leviathan estrangement yet. .).  And what his words and actions meant. . .to me, he acknowledges that he had been in her shoes  and he would not leave her alone in the future to deal with the devil alone. . .
Julia99

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
[spoiler]

1. Saving Julia from Tom Jennings.

2. Making Vicki tell him the dream to put an end to her suffering and torment.

3. Attempts to help Chris find a way to end his werewolf curse.

4. Went back to 1796 to try and save Vicki from being hanged, yet again, as a witch.

5. Saved Quentin (1897) from the clutches of Petofi and Aristede on more than one occasion.

6. Defended Quentin (1840) during Quentin's witchcraft trial.

7. Refused to leave Julia behind in 1995 even after learning she betrayed him to the sheriff.

8. Engaged in I Ching to try and contact Quentin's ghost in an attempt to save David's life.

9. Gave Chris an alibi when Chris was under suspicion of that girl Donna's death.

[/spoiler]

See, Barnabas CAN be selfless when he wants to be. [ghost_wink]