Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0973  (Read 1574 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0973
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:34 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0973
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:41:59 AM »
We got no parallel time fun today.  All we got were guys dealing with curses that don't interest me terribly much.

Ned Stuart has become even more odious: he left his gun with his sister. Why did he do that?  The...um...close relationship they had before Barnabas went to 1897 is clearly at an end, so why would he leave his gun with her?

Quentin was surely thinking of Beth when Sabrina said she'd help Chris through thick and thin.  Beth wasn't able to help Quentin, and there's no reason to believe that Sabrina will be able to help Chris.

Didn't Quentin warn Barnabas to be careful around Maggie lest he bite her?  And now Barnabas has invited Maggie over to the Old House to dinner.  Crazy.

That pitchfork on the hand is very powerful.  Both Quentin and Maggie know that their mutual infatuation is related to it, but the infatuation is so strong that they can't be bothered to investigate any further.  I suppose when it goes away and they return to their sense, they think, "It's so ridiculous it will never happen again," but at some point they must start to think otherwise.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:48:26 AM »
Nancy Barrett is a great screamer, isn't she?

Carolyn, tear up the construction paper ghoulie and see what happens!

OMG! Quentin!

Who here, besides me, thinks that Sabrina's hair sucks?

Ascots were certainly the "in" thing in 1970, weren't they?

Oh, my Jesus. Maggie's outfit. She looks like a test pattern.

I'm not really ashamed - at my age, I don't really care anymore - but the fountain always makes me have to pee.

Oh, no! The bathmat coat on Bruno is back. Ack!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:30 AM »
Nancy Barrett is a great screamer, isn't she?
The best!!!  Bar none.

Who here, besides me, thinks that Sabrina's hair sucks?
As opposed to which other part of her?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:19:56 AM »
Sabrina's plan: "Get rid of Bruno."  Good for her.   Is Bruno on an all-apple diet?  Next time they should show him eating Apple Jacks, then the next time eating an apple pie... then he's drunk on alcoholic cider....   Why did Sabrina make a swirly motion with her finger at the clock?   Why does Bruno care about the werewolf now?  Even he doesn't know; he just thinks you can't lose having a werewolf in your back pocket!   His brain must have trouble shifting gears.

The writing is back up to a tolerable level.  (V Welles)  I liked Q and Sabrina talking.  The camera studies Q's face as each remark from Sabrina hits him.  By the way, I don't like the hairdo either, but I like her.  Maybe it's just because with that asymmetrical upper lip, I keep expecting her to say something pointed or interestingly sarcastic.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
Actually, I like Sabrina's hair. A big improvement over her white hair.

Now that Sabrina is back to normal, I guess Ned has forgotten his vendetta against Chris and has resumed his social life. Maybe that's why he was such a prick...he resented his sister for making him put his life on hold to care for her. It would explain why he got unnecessary rough with her at times.

I don't get why Barnabas would invite Maggie to the Old House either. He should have learned his lesson with Megan. No matter how hard he tries, more often than not, he's unable to resist biting. Maybe he thinks he'll be able to control it with Maggie the Josette look-alike, but he wasn't able to keep himself from biting Josette either.

So Sabrina wants to kill Bruno. I say....please do!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 05:53:09 AM »
3/18/70

That seemed like a definite live shot and repeat of yesterdays tag.
Well finally, it's good to see Q again.  I really like Sabrina's necklace.  It's quite lovely!  Well hello it's the Liberace Leviathan Bruno!  He truly reminds me of Liberace!   It looks as if they have tamed down Bruno's makeup somewhat though!  It looks much better.

I really like KLS hair dark instead of bright reddish brown like it was back in 1967-1968!  I also like KLS makeup a lot.  I also have in my notes, “Wonder why Lisa Richards twirled her hand around?”  Perhaps she thought it was a “time” to change the clock because now the clock's time is changed when it comes back to her.  I think they often let actors do this when the camera is off of them when they need a time change.

“Annie get your gun!”  I like Sabrina's purse too!  Mmm…I love to see Selby kiss.  Too bad I am not getting the kisses! YUMMERS! 

Isn't Bruno’s house a redress of Prof Stokes falt?? Looks a lot like it to me!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
If Barnabas zapped Maggie, would her memory come back. Maybe the writers where thinking of a plot device.

Why did the pitchfork come back, was it just something the writers decided to add in for the fun of it?

I wonder how Angelique know what Quentin and Maggie are doing individually.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »
I personally thought the whole pitchfork thing was the writers grasping for straws! I hated it!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
If this is when they dug up Q, then I think the spell was never taken off, Ang didn't need to be in the vicinity, some connection was still there, which came to the surface because Q was in danger.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »
Bruno can't bring himself to take off his Naga ring?

Isn't Bruno’s house a redress of Prof Stokes falt?? Looks a lot like it to me!

Yes, that set got a lot of use.  But I don't remember seeing the ugly fireplace in Bruno's house before.

If this is when they dug up Q, then I think the spell was never taken off, Ang didn't need to be in the vicinity, some connection was still there, which came to the surface because Q was in danger.

This is the time after that, when it struck as Maggie was heading out the door for her date with Barnabas.  Do you suppose Angelique added instructions to her spell-- a laundry list of circumstances in which it would manifest?  One of the recipients is in danger, check.  Romantic dinner, check. ...

IIRC, the spell seems to vanish after [spoiler]Barnabas crosses over to PT,[/spoiler] so did HE need to be in the vicinity?