Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #213 -- Festival rates, guests, & Friday matinee at the Vista  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS Greeting Cards, Set of 12, $15.99???

Too bad they didn't just leave them all blank:

http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com/page06.htm

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see the set includes a card with the smiling '67 cast photo. And I don't think I've ever seen the photo of Barn and Santa.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank you, Midnite!  [ghost_smiley]

This festival promises to be a memorable one, especially with Jonathan Frid placing his handprints in cement outside the Vista Theatre.  [ghost_grin]

I loved the Marriott in Anaheim and it looks like the one in Burbank has a similar design. It was such a novelty to have a palm tree outside my window, even though I lived in California for two years and should have been used to it.  [ghost_huh]

I've never in my life had money fall into my lap (I guess people who read the bestselling book "The Secret" have that happen all the time), but I have an unclaimed check from AFTRA for a very brief stint years ago - I have no idea of the amount, but maybe it would cover my airfare. I noticed Conard Fowkes featured on their webpage, with "Dark Shadows" receiving prominent mention.  [ghost_closedeyes]
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Philippe, a nice thing about the Burbank Marriott is that it's within walking distance of the airport, or a short hop by shuttle.  It's just a shame that direct flights into that airport from most cities are at a minimum.  There's also a handful of places around it to get a quick bite if you want to skip a meal at the hotel, but to do better than that you'd need a friend with a car.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
And I don't think I've ever seen the photo of Barn and Santa.

I got that photo from PomPress and I think I received it from ShadowGram, too.  Sooo... there you go.  [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_wink]

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Too bad they didn't just leave them all blank
Ack! What would've been clever, if they were going to use any text, would be to take quotes from the show.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I booked my flight last night into LAX. Will arrive on the 15th! I've missed the past 2 fest so looking forward to seeing everyone!  I hope to see you Philippe Cordier!!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks, Teresa! It would be good to see you again, too  [ghost_smiley] -- and many others ... not to mention many new people who have joined DS Boards since then [ghost_grin]. It occurs to me that an "airport" hotel might have a lot of airplanes flying overhead and might not be quite as relaxing as Anaheim was. I should check into flights going to LAX and see how much less that would be. But paying for a cab could be expensive and a hassle, too.  [ghost_wacko]

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I checked Burbank and it was way out of my budget even for the convenience.  My RT flight to LAX will be approx $330 but Burbank was $680 so it was a no brainer.  I know I won't spend over $300 on a cab from LAX to Burbank and Super Shuttle is maybe $50?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I hope you all have a festivie time.....I am glad JF is going to be putting his prints also.  Didn't the other cast do that too at one time?  I hope NYC is in my future for the 45th anniversary.  It would make me so happy.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks, Teresa - I'm going to check into that ASAP. I had forgotten about paying for meals for four days, something else to factor into the budget!

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I will be on a budget this year so a stop to the grocery for bread and PBJ is not out of the question for me! No more expensive hotel meals that taste like crud anyway!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM

Number 214. April 20, 2010.

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following breaking news in this Online News Update "bulletin."

----- UPDATING: DS FESTIVAL'S "SHADOWS IN THE SUN": Updated Banquet information

-----GRAYSON HALL PANEL AT SHADOWS IN THE SUN

*** SHADOWS IN THE SUN – 2010 DARK SHADOWS CONVENTION

July 16-18, 2010
Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
2500 Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505
818-843-6000

The Dark Shadows Festival mass postal mailing has been sent and if anyone does not receive by the end of this week they can email pansyfaye@darkshadowsfestival.com to request a copy of the mailing.

There is a typo on the order form on back of the convention flyer in the mailing. The Banquet with the Stars is *Sunday* night, as always, at 7pm, which is July 18. The convention membership and order form on the back wrongly lists the banquet as taking place on Saturday (July 17).

Attending the banquet on Sunday, July 18, is the only way to receive Jonathan's autograph via an exclusive signed Barnabas photograph.

Dark Shadows Festival
P.O. Box 92
Maplewood, NJ 07040

--Grayson Hall panel at Shadows in the Sun:

R.J. Jamison will be moderating a "Remembering Grayson Hall" panel with Kathryn Leigh Scott and John Karlen including some rare Grayson video footage.