Author Topic: Thayer David Fan Club page on Facebook  (Read 743 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Thayer David Fan Club page on Facebook
« on: March 23, 2010, 06:53:34 AM »
Thanks to the kindness of Julia99, I had a brief look this evening at this new page on Facebook for our beloved Thayer. (You can find the link easily enough if you are on F-book just by searching "Thayer David".)  The page was started by a nephew of Thayer's.  He posted this note in late December shortly after inaugurating the page:

So in just a week we have 14 members. Please invite your friends. My mom, David's sister is elderly and I'm sure hearing that people remember her brother makes her smile. My family is going to put together some fun stories. The IMDB bio is pretty well researched, although my family never rebuked David or his career choice. He was a character and had a rich, baroque demeanor. His wife, Valarie was a lot of fun, too. Having dinner with them was like being on a TV show. They were friends with people like Sorrel Brooke, (Boss Hog from the Dukes of Hazzard) and Fred Gwynne. When I was a kid, having my uncle tell stories about carousing with Herman Munster always left me wide eyed. Years later, I would discover that my uncle had been quite a character in Provincetown and Oqunquit on the theater scene. Once in a while I'll meet someone who knew him and they will go on about drinking with Tennessee Tom Williams and Marlon Brando. It's very cool.

(end of quote)

I wonder on what project beyond "carousing" Thayer worked with Fred Gwynne (TV's Herman Munster)?

There don't seem to be all that many Thayer David fans here but I thought any of them who might be around would definitely want to check this out.  Unfortunately there is not much there yet--no photos beyond a very nice "avatar" shot of our fave rave, and no stories beyond the above and one or two other snippets.

Best,

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Thayer David Fan Club page on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »
According to their biographies, both Thayer David and Fred Gwynne were members of the Brattle Theatre Company in Cambridge (TD was a founding member).  Here's an online review of a play they did with the company in 1951:

Sam Jaffe in the Brattle Theatre's 'TARTUFFE'

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »
Cool.  I'd known of Thayer's involvement with the Brattle, but not Fred Gwynne's.

Thanks, Midnite!

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
Thayer's performance in Tartuffe was termed "outstanding" - no surprise there.  ;)

Thanks so much for finding the review.  :)