Author Topic: DS Sound snippets played on FLASHBACK syndicated radio program  (Read 877 times)

Offline D_Friedlander

• Full Poster
  • The REAL Wyndcliffe
    • View Profile
Tonight when driving I listened to this syndicated program called FLASHBACK on a major radio channel, which does themed segments usually based on a year (though tonight they featured songs with colors too.)  

Anyway, the featured year was 1970, so the programmers sought out sound clips from that year that specifically mentioned "1970."  They came up with some dialogue from the 1840 storyline between Angelique and Julia, wherein the former discovers the latter is, of course, visiting from 1970.  

Indeed, they played several minutes from this particular scene, because they used the term "1970" several times and Barnabas was mentioned as living in 1970.  (A subtle hint for folks who might not realize that the original show has survived all these years.)

Then the announcer mentioned the release that year of the film JOE, which of course co-starred Dennis Patrick.  I got all warm and fuzzy thinking about all this. (Which is nice because after all the rain it got bitter cold.)[snow_wink]
"HISTORY IS ULTIMATELY AN INVENTORY OF GHOSTS."-----
GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS Sound snippets played on FLASHBACK syndicated radio program
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »
Nice. Thanks for sharing.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
I LOVE that particular scene!  It's one of my all time fave DS moments!  I love the catty back and forth between these two legendary ladies and how Julia narrows her eyes and informs Ange that "history may change and you may never GET to 1970."  And then Ange purses her lips and responds: "Oh no, Julia... for YOU the future will change... I puhROMISE you!"  This stuff is better than heroin ... better than Land o' Lakes ... like BUTTAH!

crazed fan G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
LOL!  Great scene Gothick!  I love when you imitate Lara, "puhROMISE!"  The PUH is possibly left over from her southern accent because I pronounce that word very similarly!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45:02 PM »
Miss Lara Parker (who everyone called Lamar in what is laughingly referred to as "real life") has a VERY pronounced Southern accent when she's not On Stage.  On the last DS DVD set, there's a segment entitled Lara Parker Rehearsal Tape, which is this amazingly little thing where they are rehearsing a scene from PT 1970 where Lara had to play two roles and I guess there were extra camera rehearsals because of the whole double-tracking thing that had to be done.  Lara's own speaking voice when she's not rehearsing as Ange is very deep-fried Southern.  It's too bad she wasn't considered for Steel Magnolias or one of those other Southern belle shows her stuff comedy-melodramas.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »
I have never noticed that as I will have to go back and listen.  I think it is great though that the rehearsal tape was left over for us to enjoy!   Lara was born in Knoxville TN which is only about 1 1/2 hours from where I live currently in Kentucky.  I have many friends who live in that city.  Thanks for the info G!  :) Always enjoy your posts!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/