Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0952  (Read 1740 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0952
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:53:07 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0952
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:20:15 AM »
I'm not sure what the big irrational plot point is in this one, that MB's talking about.  Anyway, Barnabas's arson always seems like a clumsy tactic to me.   He thinks Jeb can't become the monster without the Room, but it was established that Jeb>monster anywhere, while Monster>Jeb only in the Room.

So Megan was home... how many DS crises over the years were resolved by the sudden re-appearance and intervention of a character who'd been gone awhile, and whom we'd almost forgotten about?

Creepy Jeb/Meg kiss....  creepy in a good way...  Creepy enough to trigger an alarm in Hell perhaps!   Who did you make angry, Jeb?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »
He thinks Jeb can't become the monster without the Room, but it was established that Jeb>monster anywhere, while Monster>Jeb only in the Room.
No, it was the other way around that was established.

So Megan was home... how many DS crises over the years were resolved by the sudden re-appearance and intervention of a character who'd been gone awhile, and whom we'd almost forgotten about?
Right.  You'll forget about Megan about the time that pigs (all pigs, not just the cheap insufferable ones) learn to fly.

Today it was if a kaleidoscope had turned just a bit, and we were seeing everything differently.  The antique shop is gone.  Each member of the antique shop trio now lives in a different place - Philip in jail, Megan at Collinwood, and Jeb in a house on the estate.  Megan displayed jealousy of Carolyn for the first time.  Jeb kissed his foster mother, and his foster mother kissed him back.  And Jeb doesn't want to change into his Leviathan form ever again.  He was in his Leviathan form when the antique shop was torched, and the impression I had was that taking on the form was how he relaxed.  I guess the destruction of the room forced him to think outside the box - or outside the room.  He should be grateful to Barnabas for the enlightenment, but that would never do.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »
I'm not sure what the big irrational plot point is in this one, that MB's talking about.

The description I used was "ridiculous."  :)  But for the moment I'm going to refrain from pointing it out  and explaining why it's so ridiculous because I want to see if anyone picks up on it and figures it out. But I will say this - it's also referred to in Ep #953.  ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
The whole thing with the police jailing Philip on a pretext that is beyond flimsy is pretty damn ridiculous.

G.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 02:54:49 PM »
I don't know that it's so very ridiculous.  Think about what the Collinsport Police Department has been through in the past few years.  Watching Sheriff Patterson radically change his appearance every few days had to be pretty traumatic, and then he disappeared altogether and was replaced by a guy who had a wife but no first name - unless Davenport's first name was Sheriff, which would have been sort of awkward back when he was just a beat cop.  And then Davenport dies in mysterious circumstances, and who knows if, by the time Philip offered his confession, they had found some poor innocent to fill the shoes of Patterson and Davenport?  It must have been nice to able to say that, even in turbulent times, Collinsport's Finest Always Gets Their Man!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Julia (holding a syringe):  "Now this time, I must give you the dosage that I believe in. As you know, before I listened to you, and that's when you aged. But this time, you must accept this."
Uh, was this really necessary?  She explained to Barnabas why she couldn't give the injections all at once the last time she treated him.

Jeb has called it "Colleensport" and now it's "Colleenwood."  I'm glad Chris Pennock learned the correct pronunciations by the time he played a member of the Colleens family.  But one thing's for sure-- CP had great hair!

Liz to Jeb:  "Sometimes it seems as though our family just kept this house, waiting for you, til you were ready to take over."
No wonder Liz smiles so much in this episode; she has lost her mind!

So Megan was home...

When we see her in the burning shop, she has gloves on and a purse on her arm, so she probably just got there.

Quote from: MagnusTrask
how many DS crises over the years were resolved by the sudden re-appearance and intervention of a character who'd been gone awhile, and whom we'd almost forgotten about?
Right.  You'll forget about Megan about the time that pigs (all pigs, not just the cheap insufferable ones) learn to fly.

LOL!  You're not fooling anyone, MT.  You dig her, man.

I'm not sure what the big irrational plot point is in this one, that MB's talking about.
The description I used was "ridiculous."  :) ... it's also referred to in Ep #953.  ;)

Since it was already revealed a couple of WP topics ago, here are the quotes from this ep:
Philip to Megan:  "Is that all I can hope for-- some innocent person to die in my place?"

Philip to Barnabas:  "They're going to hang me for them, I know that."

who knows if, by the time Philip offered his confession, they had found some poor innocent to fill the shoes of Patterson and Davenport?

In #950, Carolyn was speaking to the new sheriff on the phone.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 12:22:05 AM »
Julia (holding a syringe):  "Now this time, I must give you the dosage that I believe in. As you know, before I listened to you, and that's when you aged. But this time, you must accept this."
Uh, was this really necessary?  She explained to Barnabas why she couldn't give the injections all at once the last time she treated him.

Given Barnabas' pigheadedness and his seeming lack of short term memory, it probably was. Plus it probably gave Julia great satisfaction to remind him that the failure in '67 was all his fault.  [lghy]

Liz to Jeb:  "Sometimes it seems as though our family just kept this house, waiting for you, til you were ready to take over."
No wonder Liz smiles so much in this episode; she has lost her mind!

LOL!

how many DS crises over the years were resolved by the sudden re-appearance and intervention of a character who'd been gone awhile, and whom we'd almost forgotten about?
Right.  You'll forget about Megan about the time that pigs (all pigs, not just the cheap insufferable ones) learn to fly.

LOL!  You're not fooling anyone, MT.  You dig her, man.

I'm surprised you picked up on that - Magnus always tried to be so subtle about his devotion to Megan.  [wink2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 05:18:55 PM »
I deny completely that I want Philip to get hisself well-hanged or go off to the big house, whichever is most likely under Maine law, so that Megan will be free to, well, whatever, you know.   [spoiler]Additionally, I've got plenty of blood.   I'm lousy with the stuff.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
who knows if, by the time Philip offered his confession, they had found some poor innocent to fill the shoes of Patterson and Davenport?

In #950, Carolyn was speaking to the new sheriff on the phone.
Ah, so we had a new sheriff eager to impress the Collinsport folks with his blazing efficiency.  Philip is doomed.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 04:55:11 AM »
Julia (holding a syringe):  "Now this time, I must give you the dosage that I believe in. As you know, before I listened to you, and that's when you aged. But this time, you must accept this."
Uh, was this really necessary?  She explained to Barnabas why she couldn't give the injections all at once the last time she treated him.

Given Barnabas' pigheadedness and his seeming lack of short term memory, it probably was. Plus it probably gave Julia great satisfaction to remind him that the failure in '67 was all his fault.  [lghy]

I like the fact that Julia, said it. Just think, was there with the syringe to help him.   [cheer]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate