Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0948  (Read 1741 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0948
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:04 AM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0948
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
2/11/70
More, more , more—so very over the top!  

Phillp reminds me of Mr.Brady with the pants and the curly hair.  

On of my favorite bloopers—“Julia…we must contact Julia…Josette’s spirit!”  HEE  [snow_smiley]

I think they stopped camera to set up for the seance or it appeared that way to me.  I love the creepy version of Josette’s them that is being played as it is very haunting and very rarely heard.  I think it was used several times of the ’91 version wasn't it?   “We had a séance and you fainted that's all!” ROFLMAO   That's all Julia?  So funny…

I love the final scene with Josette. It was time for Barnabas and Josette both to move forward.  Hopefully she walked into the light respectively.  Jeb and Carolyn sure are moving quickly…or the writers…..;)

YAY!  MY 1700TH POST!! :) [cheers] [cheerleader]  I am on my way to being a GOD...."We are gods...gods are we...we are as gods...." LOL  Midnite will get that! HA!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:20:07 AM »
This was a fine, action-packed episode.

For once, a séance went exactly as planned.  The desired spirit was contacted, and gave the desired information.  Extraordinary.

Kathryn Leigh Scott said her contract had run out before she left Dark Shadows.  When did it run out?  Is the fact that Josette told Barnabas they must part ways an indication that Dan Curtis didn't think he could hang onto KLS much longer?  And if a new contract had been put together, how would they have undone what Josette said today?

Maggie asked if Barnabas and Julia had been able to contract "that girl".  I don't know how they persuaded her that "that girl" had any connection to the Leviathan cause.  But wouldn't it have been inconvenient if if Josette's spirit had inhabited Julia instead of Maggie!  Maggie would would have heard things that would have had her asking all sorts of questions.

From what Josette said, I got the impression that the Leviathans had indeed planned to kidnap Josette but were unable to, and decided to act as if they had.  There is no margin for error, so I wonder which Leviathan got punished for failing to get Josette.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »
Got it, T.  A hilarious Buffy moment!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
Congrats on 1700, T.

Wasn't an even slightly credible bat possible?

I'm very disappointed in the Jeb episodes as opposed to the Michael ones, but since Lydia really liked this one, I may just be out of the frame of mind to appreciate DS or anything now.

What relationship can a human spirit have with a creature from before Man existed?   It seems odd that Jeb can call upon human ghosts.

I don't buy melodramatic, pure, noble, heroic Barnabas.   How dare they throw stilted phrases such as "an inhuman fate" at us.   You can be a protagonist in a more three-dimensional way.   There's a lot more going on in Barnabas than this;  they're just not writing him that way.   Barnabas is not Dudley Do-Right.   Has Violet Welles left at this point?   Or as I said, am I missing the greatness?

I think Jeb's favorite song must be "I Want You To Want Me".   He goes on and on about how he needs Carolyn to love him, not how he loves her since he's incapable of that.   And Carolyn obliges.

So Josette's no prisoner... but how about Kitty?   She went somewhere.   Maybe it doesn't matter to Barnabas because Kitty was Josette's reincarnation, and she merged back into original Josette, so she "lives on" as dead Josette.   Almost broke my brain on that one....  

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »
In the reshoot of the scene with Jeb at the graveyard, I liked his wicked smile when the bat showed up.

Barnabas:  "Who else is here?"
Julia:  "There's no one in the house but Maggie."
Barnabas:  "Good. Her psychic strength can help us."
Okay, she was available and sympathetic to the cause, but where did this notion of Maggie having "psychic strength" come from?  But anyway, by channeling Josette during a seance, Maggie has now replaced Vicki in every way. [sadb]

How to Lose a Girl in 10 Words:
Jeb to Carolyn:  "I want you to love me, want me, need me."
She was down with that.
Jeb:  "...be with me, think of me, and dream of me."
She seemed okay with it til he got to the dream of me part
Jeb:  "I told Bruno ... we'd meet him at the Blue Whale."
She refuses and ends the date-- a date, I might add, that she initiated.  (Apparently, You've got Bruno is highly overrated.)

From what Josette said, I got the impression that the Leviathans had indeed planned to kidnap Josette but were unable to, and decided to act as if they had.

I'm curious what she said that gave you that impression.  I thought she seemed focused on her relationship with Barnabas, and repeatedly said I don't know nothin' about no Leviathans.  Or something like that.

Has Violet Welles left at this point?   Or as I said, am I missing the greatness?

Welles wrote this episode, lol.  And no, because I don't think there's any greatness to behold.  It's not even good enough to be craptastic.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
where did this notion of Maggie having "psychic strength" come from?

Who the hell knows? It certainly wasn't ever in evidence when Sarah was on the scene and Maggie certainly could have used it.

But anyway, by channeling Josette during a seance, Maggie has now replaced Vicki in every way. [sadb]

Very sad.  [sad3]

Hmmm - maybe because she's become so much like Vicki, Barn was confusing Maggie's supposed psychic abilities with the real abilities that Vicki displayed? Or maybe once a woman becomes a governess at Collinwood, she simply develops psychic abilities as a side effect.  ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
That whole psychic strength business always makes me let loose a good cackle.  I just keep thinking "Petunia Marshmallow."  Granted, Ben Martin was thinking of Josette there, but at this point as KLS herself commented her character is little more than "Paging Maggie Evans... Victim needed, front and center.  Now scream into camera 3."

G.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »
Love it, Gothick.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:03 AM »
From what Josette said, I got the impression that the Leviathans had indeed planned to kidnap Josette but were unable to, and decided to act as if they had.

I'm curious what she said that gave you that impression.  I thought she seemed focused on her relationship with Barnabas, and repeatedly said I don't know nothin' about no Leviathans.  Or something like that.
I can't remember now, but somehow it seemed to me that Josette took the poison before the Leviathans could get to her, and that once she had taken it, she was safe, even if she didn't know it.  As I said, it was only an impression, and there's no reason to believe that that's what the writers intended.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:29 AM »
So do you think the Leviathans, got Barn back to 1795, with the use of Kitty.

Maybe they had an eye on Barnabas for a long time. All the different places that he had a body
to occupy.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate