Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0931  (Read 1361 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0931
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0931
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:08:51 AM »
The creature's new accelerating cookie-monster-like grunt is effective.   I think Dr. Hoffman's new medical specialty is skulking.   Jul/liot have now conceived of there being an "it" to find.   There's a milestone.   Brown afghan on PS.   

As for Q, they really haven't tried the old standbys for bringing back memory, like a bucket of cold water or hitting the person over the head with a club.   So they placed the landscape on another canvas... in other words, all the paint held together horizontally, just stuck to itself.    Impossible, right?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:53:40 AM »
I've heard of paintings being transferred to a different canvas. I have no idea what's involved, but I suspect it's a painstaking process - but not one that's impossible...

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
What does the breathing monster look like?  The assumption seems to be that it's some sort of a snake, and that makes sense because of the Leviathan symbol - but it doesn't act like one..  Who has ever heard a snake growl?  The sleeves of Paul Stoddard's jacket seemed to be clawed to shreds.  I suppose it could have been fangs, not claws, that did the damage, though Stokes said it looked to him as though Paul's clothes were rotting to pieces.  I guess we must accept that, though I'm having trouble figuring out the details of the rotting.  Is it the monster's breath that does the damage?  Or did it slither over Paul's jacket?

Olivia has frittered away the extra time that Mr. Best gave her until now there are only two hours left.  I'm not sure what she could have done with the time to undo the amnesia, but she looks silly being surprised that the time's just about up.  And she forgot to pass along Megan's message.

I have unduly rosy views of love, I guess, because I keep thinking that if Grant is Quentin, and if Quentin and Amanda are soulmates, then Quentin should fall in love with her all over again even if he doesn't remember anything.  He says he can't know if he loves her because, having amnesia, he has no context in which to place his feeling and determine if it's love - but if he really loved her, he wouldn't be so analytical about it.

Wonderful performances by Jonathan Frid as Barnabas the monster-tamer, and by Megan as the monster-groupie.  Megan was apparently a nice person once upon a time.  Is the ugliness we're seeing something that has always been part of her, or is it only related to the Leviathans?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:44:25 PM »
1/19/70

I love how Grayson’s voice sounds--very clear which isn't always the case with her! 

Megan is a freak-enjoying every moment. Apparently the Leviathan has claws, talons, or death.  Or as Lydia said did he perhaps slither over Paul??  I am confused!

It is great to see Thayer and Grayson do scenes as they are such pros's! 

David looks quite dashing in his suit! HOTTIE!

I think they went a bit overboard on the portrait.  I don't think someone who was 100 years old would look that bad.  In fact I have seen many 100 years old that didn't look like that.  He may look like that @ 200!

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:25 PM »
Q claims that all his sins are registered in the portrait too.   Q would probably be dead a few years at this point, and maybe that's why it looks like that.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
True Magnus....I hadn't though about that!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
Speaking of Megan, I love the expression on her face in this capture from her phone conversation with Olivia/Amanda:

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 12:02:51 PM »
Me too!  I think she's sucking on an evil toffee!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
The creature had to be ordered to put Paul down, and if it's that contact that caused Paul's clothing to rot, then I'm guessing that the thing can't touch any humans, which makes me almost feel a little sad for it, because not only must it be lonely in that dark room, but it possibly can't yet be physically close to anyone.  No wonder it prefers being Michael.

Did Philip consent to being drugged with more than one sleeping pill?

Julia to Stokes about Paul:  "His pulse is very slow, but that's the way it is with shock."
On what planet, Julia?  Because on this planet, it would be faster.

Some of Osmund's paintings seem to be from various other sets.

Instead of its inclusion in Dark Shadows: Scariest Moments, Amanda's scream at the sight of the portrait could have been the jewel of a compilation called Most Annoying.  If not for her screeching, I think it would have been a very cool cliffhanger.

Olivia has frittered away the extra time that Mr. Best gave her until now there are only two hours left.  I'm not sure what she could have done with the time to undo the amnesia, but she looks silly being surprised that the time's just about up.  And she forgot to pass along Megan's message.

LOL

I think they went a bit overboard on the portrait.  I don't think someone who was 100 years old would look that bad.  In fact I have seen many 100 years old that didn't look like that.  He may look like that @ 200!

There's also a photo of it in the Concordance for this ep, and while I admit it was very late when I watched last night, I don't remember seeing the portrait, and even as sleepy as I was, it would be hard to forget that face. [winkb]