Author Topic: "Starring Joan CRAWFORD as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard"  (Read 3229 times)

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Starring Joan CRAWFORD as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard"
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 02:51:46 AM »
While I agree that Joan Crawford could never have been all the characters that Joan Bennett played so perfectly, I can't agree that she was the most talented actress on the show.  Nancy Barrett gets that accolade, in my opinion....hands down.
You know it! I really started to take note of NB the first time I saw the Adam story, and as the show moved into 1897 she totally blew me away! Some years went by before I was able to see her again as Millicent, and again I was just amazed with her performances. What a great actress!
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 03:15:51 AM »
I bet Charity, as [spoiler]possessed by Pansy Faye[/spoiler] must have been a real blast for her to play.

I'm sure.  And the rest of the cast must have howled, watching her doing run-throughs before they did a take.

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall whenever she and John Karlen were rehearsing!!!  [hall2_wink]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »
Nancy was definitely great in every role she played too. I think my favorite Nancy roles are Charity/Pansy and Leticia. I bet Charity, as [spoiler]possessed by Pansy Faye[/spoiler] must have been a real blast for her to play.

Couldn't resist responding to this one, late as it is.  At my first Fest in 06 I asked Nancy Barrett that exact question (given my handle it won't surprise anyone to hear that Pansy/Charity's one of my three favorite characters) and what she told me at that time was that that was her very favorite role.

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

David

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »
Joan Crawford had been considered for Ma Kent in the 1978 Superman film.
She was too ill to accept & died as the film was shooting.

Crawford could NEVER have played Liz Stoddard.
Her 1968 Secret Storm appearence was a fiasco because she was not a quick study & didn't know her lines.
She didn't make an occasional cute blooper~~she didn't know any lines at all & couldn't figure out how to cover herself!

David  

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 06:57:54 AM »
I love some of CRAWFORD old movies but I could never see her as Liz.  JB all the way. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »
While I'm very happy that Joan Bennett played Liz, I would have liked to see Joan Crawford and Louis Edmonds acting together.