Author Topic: Isn't Vicky's Bedroom On The Second Floor Of Collinwood?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Isn't Vicky's Bedroom On The Second Floor Of Collinwood?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2002, 12:22:22 AM »
I didn't remember this from the first episodes. However, are you certain that the interior of the bedroom is the same in those first episodes as it is in the later ones?  Perhaps Vicki's room was on the ground floor when she first arrived at Collinwood and she later moved upstairs.  

Two filmed sequences shot on location at Seaview Terrace show us Vicki looking out her bedroom window, and David looking out his. Vicki's was clearly on the ground level just to the right of the front door, while David's was on the second floor, front of the house. The two rooms were nowhere near each other despite the fact that we later see their bedroom doors down the hall from one another.

Obviously these location shots were done prior to when taping of the actual series began. They were probably only allowed access to certain parts of Seaview to film, hence the exterior windows they chose to use. No doubt Dan Curtis dismissed the discrepencies of the interior sets matching these location shots.

BTW, I've never been convinced that David's room is actually the second floor of the tower. The exterior shots of his window/room never depict it as being in the tower, do they?

The shot of David looking out his bedroom window (after tampering with Roger's brakes) show his window to be at the front of the house. The tower is in the back of the house. I don't believe they ever intended for David's room to be in the tower, despite the curvature of the interior set. Nobody ever mentions any rooms in the tower except for the one and only "top" room where crazy Jenny lived.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2002, 05:02:30 AM »
The shot of David looking out his bedroom window (after tampering with Roger's brakes) show his window to be at the front of the house. The tower is in the back of the house. I don't believe they ever intended for David's room to be in the tower, despite the curvature of the interior set. Nobody ever mentions any rooms in the tower except for the one and only "top" room where crazy Jenny lived.

Very astute observations, once again, Dr. Lang.

To my knowledge, no one ever described David's room as being in the tower.

BTW, one could also argue that the drawing room at Collinwood is rather curved.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2002, 02:52:05 AM »
LOL this inaccuracy reminds me of the ocean in All My Children, which is set in Pennsylvania.  
Wiley S.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2002, 03:49:50 AM »
LOL this inaccuracy reminds me of the ocean in All My Children, which is set in Pennsylvania.  

Or their ER, which is on the 4th floor of PV Hospital  8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2002, 05:11:12 AM »

Or their ER, which is on the 4th floor of PV Hospital  8)

Luciaphil

you never noticed the helicopters flying in instead of ambulances!LOL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV