Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0912  (Read 1318 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0912
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:59:15 AM »
Robservations #912

And remember:
Thursday, January 14: No Episode, originally Thursday, December 25, 1969 was Christmas
[8_2_77]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0912
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »
Julia confirmed for us that there were indeed multiple Tate portraits of Amanda.  The two that we have seen are exactly alike, so apparently Tate was not inspired to show her in different poses or with different expressions.  If he painted those duplicate landscapes as well, then I have to wonder a little more than I was already doing about the limitations of the artistic talent that Petofi gave Tate.

Stokes was very nice to Julia today in the scene in the drawing room at Collinwood.  It was the sort of scene that generates fan fiction pairing Stokes and Julia romantically, but even when Barnabas is being as stone cold evil as he is now, I can't imagine Julia ever getting him out of her system.

Barnabas said he would obey Alexander when Alexander was grown.  Not a pleasant prospect.

We got a fairly good look inside the Leviathan box today.  It seemed to be empty, but there could have been something - a picture, say - in the bottom.  My impression, however, is that the contents cannot be experienced by the five human senses.  How does it work?  I suppose only a Leviathan can comprehend that.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
Very different Collinwood photo during VO.... Whole house from one side.

How come Amy gets to see the creature [spoiler]but we never do?[/spoiler]

"Gone With the Wind" two-shot of Barnajulia for a moment...

The Ang music plays while Amy sleeps... they weren't sure if Ang was returning?

Centegenarian Tate!!!   Guess he had the same sound effects record DC had; non sequitur wolf howl sounds on CDT's PA system.   Did he think potential visitors would really think a wolf was about to pounce on them?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0912 (was: Discuss - Ep #0911)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
You aren't in charge of me, says Alex. I am, says Barn, and don't you forget it--Haza and Oberon entrusted Alex to me,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was never explained why Barnabas was 'in charge' of pre-mature Leviathan...right?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
I imagine the Leviathans saw how Barnabas dealt with Adam and decided he was the perfect man for job.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
LOL, Lydia.  I think it's explained in that same conversation-- that he's still a child, and was entrusted to Barnabas by Oberon and Haza.

Megan and Philip are doing such a bang-up job with their own supervisory responsibilities. [rleyeb]

Since Julia found a Monroe canvas in #911 that was "almost the same painting as the Tate," why didn't she hand that one over to Stokes instead of the second landscape?

The great and powerful Harrison Monroe has a very familiar front door.

How come Amy gets to see the creature [spoiler]but we never do?[/spoiler]

Because we'd all be poking fun at it?

If Violet Welles had written this ep, would we have been privy to Amy's Levia-dream?

The Ang music plays while Amy sleeps... they weren't sure if Ang was returning?

Oh good point.  That piece is even called Angelique's Spook.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:58 AM »
Poor Amy is gonna get a load of the asthmatic snake! LOL Thanks Magnus! I  giggle every time I think about the asthmatic snake! HEE Little Denise can scream her lungs out! My ears hurt!  Is this an early version of the OMEN?  It seems that way if you look at how evil this child is. 

Poor Stokes he is more patient than I!  The poor man is never clued in on anything!  I hope if the show had lasted he would have come into the Barney/Julia fold! 

I don't recall that sting of music that was used as the scene switches to Chris's place!  I like it when they pull one out of the air that isn't constantly used!!I love the sparring between Julia and Barney as usual as it is so refreshing! 
“I would like to but I have other things to do!” Barnabas
“I’m sure you do! Julia says with Grayson just nailing that line with such sarcasm.  I rewound it about 5 times.  Grayson makes me giggle! 

Donald Briscoe seems to have a good rapport with little Denise! Does anyone recall her talking about working with him? 
Julia is one gutsy gal! I love her.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:18:11 AM »
As I said a couple of threads ago, the Leviathan leaders must have granted Barnabas special powers even though they allowed him to stay human, because he once again, without any logical explanation, calmed Amy and made her the newest member of the Leviathan club.

I know some would have preferred to see Alexander in his true form, but I am satisfied with the breathing sound. More mysterious to me.

Loved the scenes between Chris and the terrified Amy. They did have a real rapport between them.

Julia clearly knows now for certain that Alexander isn't the sweet innocent boy he pretends to be. But Barnabas has stymied her efforts to learn from Amy just exactly what the boy is really like. She's frusterated and angry with her former friend, while he remains coldly calm.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 04:08:20 AM »
I don't have a lot to add ILUVBARNABAS!  I just wanted to say it's great to see you participating in the WP again!  WB my cousin!! I have enjoyed your posts!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:41:11 AM »
Thanks, Taeylor! [snow_smiley]

I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I figure I'll get there sooner or later. [snow_wink]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »
I do like the sparing also. I realized that the clothes of Julia is getting better. Is there a plan.

I just don't really understand that they can be so mean to Amy. I wonder if she feels so betrayed,
Barnabas and Amy used to get along so good.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate